PDA

View Full Version : More problems...

///Sniper535
06-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I had a complete center support bearing failure sometime early 2007. It was replaced. Now im starting to get vibrations from what it seems to be the driveshaft when accelerating in first gear starting about 2K rpm and goes away right before 3Krpm. Intensity of vibration depends on how much im accelerating. could anything else cause this? i need to replace my rear pitman arms and sway bar links.

BennyM
06-07-2010, 10:44 PM
What else did they replace when they did the center bearing?

aston_jag_tech
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I had something very similar...My trans mounts were..um how do I say...absent. Replaced those bad boys and the vibration had diminished. Also my rear diff flange bolts were slightly loose after about 10+ miles since I had a rebuilt driveshaft. But check those trans mount grommets.

///Sniper535
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
transmission mounts were replaced a year before that. nothing else was changed at the time of the center bearing replace.

ahlem
06-09-2010, 07:29 AM
There are joints at either end that could be causing this. I believe the rear u-joints are staked in and you would have to search for the thread that shows how to convert to a replaceable u-joint. If you can grab the driveshaft and rotate it seeing if there is any play at any of the joints, that may tell you what's going on. Just a little play is too much.

///Sniper535
06-11-2010, 05:46 PM
center bearing is shot, where do i have a flex disc??
four bolts go to the trans and all the flex discs ive seen have 6 holes.

GJPinAU
06-13-2010, 06:54 AM
I had vibration under acceleration as well, so replaced the centre bearing but the vibration was still there.
The bearings in the CV at the back had fouled up which destroyed the new centre bearing so I had both replaced.

rockin1978TA
06-16-2010, 11:25 PM
U joints are your problem. I had the same problem with my 89 535. I replaced the center bearing, but I did notice the u joint that hooks to the transmission was tight. I didn't have a choice since it was already out of the car, and my wife needed to get to work, so I put it back in. Worked good for about 2000 miles, then it started the vibration from start till about 30 mph,then would go away. Then got to the point it would do it all the time. Got it out it the bearing was destroyed! I found a guy who was parting a 92 535, got the driveshaft from him, but got lucky and someone already replaced the ujoints with new ones with c clips. I would try to find another driveshaft that the front and back u joints move freely. Also, the 89 is a unique year for the heat sheild. If you get a driveshaft from a 90 up, make sure you get the heat sheild as well, the 90 up driveshaft has a larger diameter front section. If not it will make a god awful banging noise on the sheild. Also, the 535 does not use the guibo or 6 hole, it is 4 holes for the transmission, 6 holes for the back and a 525 will not work either.I've had the driveshaft in and out of the car 3 times , and got it down to about an hour 1/2, and most of that is jacking up the car and getting the tools ready.

BigKriss
06-17-2010, 04:37 AM
look at your halfshafts. i have the same problem.

I had a complete center support bearing failure sometime early 2007. It was replaced. Now im starting to get vibrations from what it seems to be the driveshaft when accelerating in first gear starting about 2K rpm and goes away right before 3Krpm. Intensity of vibration depends on how much im accelerating. could anything else cause this? i need to replace my rear pitman arms and sway bar links.