PDA

View Full Version : has anyone any experience with acetone with his bimmer?

Mordan
05-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I read positives and negatives on the Net... Don't know what to think.

Wikipedia is kinda negative

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
what are you attemping to do?

performance

gas mileage

cleaning

dissolving the plastic bits in the intake and fuel delivery system?

genphreak
05-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I believe Mordan he means disolving dead bodies in the boot.

Tip: Sulphuric acid works best I believe. One has to make a big effort not to puncture the bags during the removal/burial part...

Jehu
05-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Don't get it on your leather...

BMW4LIFE
05-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I believe he is talking about knocking out women and taking advantage of them...its actually ether...works well...thats how I met my recent GF but then again I didn't give her much of a choice did I?! ;) haha! j/k man

I think he is referring to running it in the engine...I could be mistaken but if my memory serves me correctly I believe you need to do some engine mods and is not recommended on high mileage cars...

and when it comes to cars and recommendations...I would talk Wiki pages with a grain of salt ;)

whiskychaser
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Acetone is what the girlies use to take off their nail polish. What have you got in mind Mordan?;)

632 Regal
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I tried it as it's supposed to be the magic bullet we all desire. It sucessfully made the tank inlet gasket swell and pop out, other than that it made no difference in performance or mileage. I did give it an honest try for a month but nothing changed.

Might as well strap on a few magnets to the fuel line too :-)

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-24-2010, 04:47 PM
I tried it as it's supposed to be the magic bullet we all desire. It sucessfully made the tank inlet gasket swell and pop out, other than that it made no difference in performance or mileage. I did give it an honest try for a month but nothing changed.

Might as well strap on a few magnets to the fuel line too :-)

Yup, supposed to change the surface tension in the fuel to make the injector pattern do some voodoo and turn your M20 powered pig into an ///M5 killing machine

Mordan
05-25-2010, 08:50 AM
what are you attemping to do?

performance

gas mileage

cleaning

dissolving the plastic bits in the intake and fuel delivery system?

I meant gas mileage.

Some dude over a french forum says pure acetone kicks ass. (10% less gas) But you got to buy it 99.9% pure. which is not that easy. Dose = 2ml per liter

Regal tried it and sounds like not such a good deal in the end.

Dave M
05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Did it on a looooong trip (8000 km) as an experiment and all it did was waste my time at fill-ups.