PDA

View Full Version : Any of us going to see this particular E34-related Movie?

repenttokyo
05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/rrjl2t.jpg

BennyM
05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
It's an E32, actually. You can see the back of it in one of the trailers, which are rather intriguing.

repenttokyo
05-17-2010, 04:41 PM
damn!

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Narrow grill...735

Bo525i
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Being scandinavian, I saw the movie.. So so, no E32 in the movie afaik.. :)

BMWDriver
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Only when she burns her daddy by throwing gasoline (or such) at him and then a match whilst he is boarding his car methinks... Not sure it was a bimmer even, but yeah, no car pursuit with any bimmers. Good story, but the rhythm is a bit slow and not up to the drama. One critic said it had the quality of a T.V. movie, to which I can only agree. Apparently soon to be remade by Hollywood. A 3 movie sequel it is - saw them all, and liked 'em nevertheless.

Rick L
05-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Why is that all the movies with E34 is either getting blown up, getting smashed, or wrecked? :(

BennyM
05-21-2010, 01:59 PM
'cause they're cheap. The same thing is happening with e32s. OR: I also suspect that in some cases, like The Matrix II, GM actually pays production companies not just to use Cadillac cars, but to ensure that the cars getting destroyed are BMWs. Sort of a subversive negative marketing campaign to hurt the competition's image.

Why is that all the movies with E34 is either getting blown up, getting smashed, or wrecked? :(

genphreak
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Are you serious... pay movie producers to use the competition's cars? I would imagine the psychology working on GM execs, but few others. Since they make such diabolic marketing mistakes however, I do not doubt it is possible.

I'd have thought that any publicity is good publicity. Burning or not.

Oh, and that image is a photoshop job anyhow. They'd have had some trouble getting that girl draped over the front of the car long enough for the shoot.. LOL!

Kibokojoe
05-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Movie title
the girl who was playing with fire

Wonder if it has English subtitles

BennyM
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I am pretty serious because, yes, they are pretty diabolical. Again, if you examine the second Matrix movie, you'll see that the only non-GM car is a 7 series, and the GM car rips that 7 in half. Then it cuts to one of the dudes with white dreadlocks, who looks back at the demolished 7 and grins. Seems pretty hard to argue against that as a subversive jab at the competition. ...or maybe it's just me.

As for the image, yeah, it's photoshop, but it's actually pretty well done IMO.

Are you serious... pay movie producers to use the competition's cars? I would imagine the psychology working on GM execs, but few others. Since they make such diabolic marketing mistakes however, I do not doubt it is possible.

I'd have thought that any publicity is good publicity. Burning or not.

Oh, and that image is a photoshop job anyhow. They'd have had some trouble getting that girl draped over the front of the car long enough for the shoot.. LOL!

BMWDriver
05-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Well, if it is a jab at BMW, then it is but a childish one, and pretty useless. I'm not about to trade my E34 for a Cadillac, even if I quite enjoyed the Matrix movies.

I liked the first Transporter movie. Nice E38.