PDA

View Full Version : bmwe34.net... How to contribute

genphreak
05-06-2010, 08:51 AM
As most on here would know, www.bmwe34.net is a great resource.

But how can one contribute to it? I'd like to provide some info but every time I register an account it disables it and I can't seem to setup a login successfully. Does anyone know how to do it?

Should I email Bruno?

632 Regal
05-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Bruno stepped down from the site a while back. Not sure if anyone took over the moderator part though, as I understood it is just being parked on a server for nostalgia purposes.

genphreak
05-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Hmm. oh :( Damn!

I'd really like to do some work on it. There's so much that could be added (now). It is really a great distillation of the things one 'needs to know'.

632 Regal
05-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone added to it but as I said I think he walked away from it. I will see if I can get any info regarding who to contact on it but your guess right now is as good as mine. A while back he was offering it to anyone and someone parked it for him as there wasn't any takers.

Hmm. oh :( Damn!

I'd really like to do some work on it. There's so much that could be added (now). It is really a great distillation of the things one 'needs to know'.

shogun
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
or here
http://www.bmw4life.com/repairs.htm

GJPinAU
05-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Nick,
I can still log in not sure about creating info pages.

talltorontoguy
05-08-2010, 07:44 AM
email Bruno... I think his intent was to allow contributions to continue which is why he made into a wiki. He might not know that there is a problem in doing so.

He's been busy with his 635csi turbo race car, E34 M50 touring, and various other projects.

Rod

genphreak
05-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jeff, Geoff, everyone... At least someone can log in, so that's something :)

I can view as an unauthenticated user, but if I try to log in I just get 'Account Disabled'. I'll mail him and ask if I can clean things up a tad. We updated the brakes page sometime ago, it should be okay.... :)

Bruno
05-10-2010, 05:21 AM
And I still have a 525iT and a 635csi race car with a 525iT brake booster in it and an M30 turbo engine.

So, for bmwe34.net, I need to update to the newest version of the wiki and finish transporting the old procedures.

I am pretty busy with work so I can keep my job and keep the company alive.
My life changed also quite a lot also.

How can you help... Well, I will fix the account registration (tons of people registered but maybe 1 out of 100 contributed).
Once it is fixed, I would appreciate if only people who really want to contribute create an account.

When... well, let me finish with the race car and the company website: www.racingking.ca/ateq then I willl get back to bmwe34.net

I am still here, and I still love the E34, I am planning on doing a write up about turbos.