PDA

View Full Version : could have been an issue

h2oyo
04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I was doing some work on the 540 this weekend. I pulled the intake and replaced all the gaskets including the EGR, and air throttle gasket. I also changed out the the valve cover gaskets while I was there along with the injector o-rings. Ok well after changing out the EGR and gasket I set down the intake and when I looked back at it, it looked like I could see alot of the pretty orange gasket under it. After closer inspection I found that two of the metal pieces inside the bolt holes where a little longer than the others. Now it was an easy fix with everything out of the car still but the long metal pieces were on the bottom side of the EGR valve. I just wonder how many people have see this before? I also wonder how many people changed there EGR valve and had this issue and didnt see it and thought that it would have fixed there vacuum leak? The part came from a reputable company (Autohouse). Ok I just thought I would bring this to the forum in case somebody had done this job and found things worse or no different. this could be what happened.
Thanks
Johan

Tiger
04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
AutohausAZ is good. EGR? I thought ICV is what you need to change under the manifold. If I were you, I'd change out the oring for waterpump bypass tube and waterpump at the same time.

h2oyo
04-25-2010, 10:54 PM
AutohausAZ is good. EGR? I thought ICV is what you need to change under the manifold. If I were you, I'd change out the oring for waterpump bypass tube and waterpump at the same time.

Yes i did, I changed out every gasket that is connected to the intake and under it. I mean it was out and the total cost wasn't so bad. I am not blaming autohauseAZ they dont make the parts and I have gotten parts from them for years. I changed the EGR (that is what AutohausAZ called it on the reciept) and gasket. I pulled off the intake and replaced all the gaskets on it and the intakes gaskets also. I did the valve cover gaskets while I was there also along with all the injector o-rings. It wasnt that bad and I was pretty happy with everything. Rubber parts dont last forever and in AZ I wouldnt be surprised if it speeds up there life's end.
Johan