PDA

View Full Version : '95 525iT fusible link locations?

bubba966
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Ok, trying to check all of the fusible links to rule them out as the cause of this cars problems. Found 2 of them right off the battery under the seat. Not seeing one in the engine bay. I know some cars have them in the engine bay, but am not recalling if the 525iT's of the era had more than the 2 under the rear seat.

genphreak
04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
It'd be good to know the criteria for this aspect.

It might be that any car that was built in a production run where the battery may be mounted in the engine bay (why would they do this on any e34?) may have the link there. Early M50s and (some?) M20s have the battery there. '95 525IT (and others?), and all M60 e34s have the battery's under the seat and fusible links buried back under there with it...

bubba966
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
All M20's have the battery in the engine compartment from what I recall. And the very early M50's do as well. Don't recall if the very early S38's & the M30's had it up there or not. It got moved back to the rear to improve weight balance. Probably was only up front to begin with do to it being easier to do.

Dave M
04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
If there is a link in the engine bay, it may be in a black plastic case on the front side of the pass. side strut tower. This is the location for my 10/90 build date 525 with batt. under the hood. BTW, I like the batt. under the hood.

Dave

bubba966
04-03-2010, 06:23 PM
If there is a link in the engine bay, it may be in a black plastic case on the front side of the pass. side strut tower. This is the location for my 10/90 build date 525 with batt. under the hood. BTW, I like the batt. under the hood.

Dave

Yeah, I looked all around that area and saw nothing. I only found the 50A & 80A ones under the seat right by the battery.

And after spending far too much time trying to get the battery out today to get at the 50A fuse I wouldn't have minded it in the engine bay.

genphreak
04-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I looked all around that area and saw nothing. I only found the 50A & 80A ones under the seat right by the battery.

And after spending far too much time trying to get the battery out today to get at the 50A fuse I wouldn't have minded it in the engine bay.Yea the fuse is best in the bay, but that is only as BMW chose to use cheapies under the seat, since they didn't ahve to follow all the regulations as they do under the hood.

Dave, why do you like ti under the hood? Easier to get to? The heat from teh exhaust manifold is the thing that does it for me- they work and last better under the seat I think.