PDA

View Full Version : first speeding ticket in 10 years

Russell
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
were you "driving to compensate commerce"? if not you were just traveling which makes you exempt of all the state issued "traffic infractions" sure it will piss the cop and judge off but it is legal. "traveling" is exempt, "commerce" is dependent on the state made rules. Don't even need a license to "travel bro".

ryan roopnarine
03-30-2010, 01:10 PM
front and rear facing radar gunnplexers==probably not a detective

economy is in the toilet, what can anyone say...

BMW4LIFE
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that! :(

At least you didn't get pulled over by an airplane...

Freakin ay out of all the cars he had to get me

Russell
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
front and rear facing radar gunnplexers==probably not a detective

economy is in the toilet, what can anyone say...

Who knows, i was puzzled myself. Car color was blue-not gray like patrolmen. different outfit, not a uniform. He had on a blue raincoat like jacket with patches and showed his badge in a wallet. I was told by someone in the know that ky state police detectives drove blue cars.

ryan roopnarine
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Who knows, i was puzzled myself. Car color was blue-not gray like patrolmen. different outfit, not a uniform. He had on a blue raincoat like jacket with patches and showed his badge in a wallet. I was told by someone in the know that ky state police detectives drove blue cars.

In some areas, they have the stones to call traffic "special operations" and have them wear 5.11 pants, polo shirt, and dropleg holster. I saw an econoline van with flashing lights in the rear windows pull someone over about a month ago, wearing that kind of get-up. Probably trying to snag people that wouldn't recognise the cars if they weren't fully marked.

Tiger
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
FL got some of the wierdest police arrangement depending on the county you are in... I remember somewhere in North FL... I think like Talahassee (spelling, I know) area coming back from FL to west coast... there were vehicles waiting but doesn't have typical blue or red lights... instead they were yellow... I know they are definitely traffic cop on interstate highway. Wierd colored typical crown vic.

Tiger
03-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Don't know if that will help your insurance at all... I had two tickets with 20 over... not at the same time... loil... several years apart... didn't help with insurance even though FL traffic school 'wipe' them out... the record is still there as traffic violation and no points.

Sure, insurance increased rate because of that.

Russell
03-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Don't know if that will help your insurance at all... I had two tickets with 20 over... not at the same time... loil... several years apart... didn't help with insurance even though FL traffic school 'wipe' them out... the record is still there as traffic violation and no points.

Sure, insurance increased rate because of that.
Yep I still need to watch out for that

632 Regal
03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I really dont know whats going on with this PC, seems I changed the OP thread to my reply. I saw this today on 2 other forums. I will log off this thing for now... hope I didnt delete anyone during.

dennyg
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
I got pulled over for doing 12 over in a 35 mph speed zone tonight. HE LET ME GO! After checking my papers and my wifes license as a passenger? he told me that the ticket would have been 120 bucks and 3 points on the license. I was relieved.

Russell
03-31-2010, 05:16 AM
I got pulled over for doing 12 over in a 35 mph speed zone tonight. HE LET ME GO! After checking my papers and my wifes license as a passenger? he told me that the ticket would have been 120 bucks and 3 points on the license. I was relieved.

I have had that happen as well . I guess he was offended that I was doing 80 and overtaking him going 55. I think in KY, going to traffic school wipes the offense from points and insurance company problems.

BTW regal killed my original post. I got nailed going 80 in a 55 zone on an almost vacant and almost straight 2 lane rural road. 26 over and my license could have been revoked.

Ross
03-31-2010, 05:58 AM
were you "driving to compensate commerce"? if not you were just traveling which makes you exempt of all the state issued "traffic infractions" sure it will piss the cop and judge off but it is legal. "traveling" is exempt, "commerce" is dependent on the state made rules. Don't even need a license to "travel bro".
WHAT? Yeeah, you can try one out yourself.
"Don't hit your head getting in the car sir"

ryan roopnarine
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Russell http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?p=333285#post333285)

This sounds like Jeff to me....Here's the thing to do. Take it to court, and see if the flag is fringed. If it is, bust out the tried and trueRusty Shackleford/Dale Gribble defense....

"I do not recognize the authority of a court that hangs the gold fringe flag. A flag with gilded edges is the flag of an Admirality Court. An Admirality Court signifies a naval court martial. I cannot be court martialed twice."

Some of the dialog on that show was pure genius.

Tiger
03-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Cops around here don't give a crap about that. They earn around $80K+ over here.

whiskychaser
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Cops around here don't give a crap about that. They earn around $80K+ over here.
I just got back from Tenerife. Its about 26 degree there and only 9 here. I could manage with USD 80K a year. And I need another holiday. I have a full English driving licence (even for trucks!). I can say 'have a nice day' in a genuine English accent after I issued a ticket. Of course anybody who could say they (or a relative or friend) was on this board would be exempt. Think I could get a job?