PDA

View Full Version : Locked in keys.

ss2115
03-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi.
If you were fitting and testing an aftermarket remote locking to your 1993 E34 Touring, and it locked but won't unlock, and you noticed that your bunch of keys with the one and only key was sitting on the drivers seat, how would you otherwise get into the car?

tried lifting the knob with the coat hanger - doesn't work.
Tried the coat hanger to the inside handle - next to impossible.
There's no inside latch for the tailgate or tailgate glass.

Any ideas please (besides breaking a window)?
Private messages invited if needs be.

compmore
03-28-2010, 01:30 AM
happened to me in sydney.shut the drivers door and the car locked with the keys in it.Rang the NRMA who came out and opened it pretty easy.

cost was about $160 for the call out including one years mebership but maybe better than breaking the window

ss2115
03-28-2010, 03:18 AM
happened to me in sydney.shut the drivers door and the car locked with the keys in it.Rang the NRMA who came out and opened it pretty easy.

cost was about $160 for the call out including one years mebership but maybe better than breaking the window

Yeah - its pretty easy if it hasn't double locked because pulling up the button would work.
But mine has double locked.

I have called the NRMA anyway as hopefully they have come across E34's before. I'm a member through the office.
Good call Compmore - I hadn't thought of it myself. Fingers crossed.

ss2115
03-28-2010, 04:56 AM
That double locking is a pain or a grace - don't know which.
NRMA tried the usual stuff but in the end picked up the bunch of keys from the seat, bought it up to the top corner of the window, seperated and pulled the end of the BMW key out through the crack and then while holding it, pulled the wire ring unravelled letting the other keys fall back inside and the single key to come out through the crack.
Brilliant.