PDA

View Full Version : straightening my bent (heyco) lug wrench....

ryan roopnarine
06-12-2004, 03:24 PM
when changing my tire to the spare yesterday, i got 4/5 of the studs out. the fifth actually stripped a decent amount using the z-shaped stock wrench that came with the car. tried using an 11/16 socket with a big breaker bar when this didn't work, which slipped. sprayed brake cleaner on the errant stud, no immediate result. went back to the stock lug wrench, standing on top of it, applying about 210 odd foot lbs. i finally felt some movement, so i got off of it. put the wrench back on top of it and realised that the stud was in the same position, but the wrench had bent somewhat. I guess the brake cleaner helped a little, as it came off a couple of minutes later. If somebody has any advice as to how i can straighten this wrench (using propane torch &c. &c.) so that i can stand on it again, i'd be appreciative.

632 Regal
06-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Hammer and or vice, if you use heat you will take the temper out of the metal and it will be like lead. I bought a decent 4 way for mine just need a real jack cause that stock POS crimps into the rear door before it lifts anything.