03-19-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVMBh6GBlY

e34.535i.sport
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I hope they asked for your permission before filming you at work Colin! :p

whiskychaser
03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
I hope they asked for your permission before filming you at work Colin! :p
Thanks for the vote of confidence John:p Had a kid try to run under the trailer wheels during the week. Of course its my fault. Not the parents who should have hung on to her little hand:(

leicesterboy15
03-21-2010, 04:07 PM
OMG Imagine being in that car, you would be shitting yourself! That is unbelievable!

oharab
03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
I know the guy who did the Police collision investigation after this. Apparently, there was no way the truck driver could have known she was there. He's driven in the truck & there was no way you could hear anything other than truck, he recreated the accident & the only point the car could have been seen was a brief moment at the beginning when a small square of the roof was visible in the near side mirror.
Could have been so much worse.
You do have to wonder about people who, when coming across something like this, their first thought is to take out their phone and record it! Surely using your phone to RING THE POLICE would have been a better course of action!

Just my 2p's worth!
Ben

whiskychaser
04-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I know the guy who did the Police collision investigation after this. he recreated the accident & the only point the car could have been seen was a brief moment at the beginning when a small square of the roof was visible in the near side mirror.
Ben
I can only guess the truck driver was a lot taller than me and assumed the 'bathtub' driving position. OK for the A1 but pretty **** in town :D He probably had it on cruise. So when he started shoving the car the turbo would have just kicked in a bit more. It is no. 1 on my list of hates that some car drivers seem unable to get on/off a motorway without falling over a truck thats doing a steady 56 or even less. TBH all trucks have two N/S mirrors. One is like the O/S and the other is wide angled. If you are looking you cant miss a car coming at you down a slip road. But there is a great big give way line that says they should be looking, not you. Ive seen the outcome of many shunts like this but if you have the inside track I'd be keen to know the actual cause.