PDA

View Full Version : CV Boots on halfshafts

BigKriss
03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Where can I purchase OEM-type CV boots from and is there a link on how to rebuild cv joints on the halfshafts?

I dont want to rebuild them. just pack them up with new grease and replace the old boot.

Scott C
03-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Where can I purchase OEM-type CV boots from and is there a link on how to rebuild cv joints on the halfshafts?

I dont want to rebuild them. just pack them up with new grease and replace the old boot.

I picked up rebuilt halfshafts here in the states from Rockauto for $50 each (the deposit was MORE than the cost) - I could not buy the darn boots and justify working on them myself for that price...

Scott

BigKriss
03-11-2010, 12:11 AM
shipping is a killer, already have a spare set of halfshafts so I want to regrease them myself.

shogun
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
www.autohausaz.com
should have them. They ship cheap with usps to overseas. check there

BigKriss
03-11-2010, 04:10 AM
www.autohausaz.com

okay thanks erich

genphreak
03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Hey Kriss,
I'm back! Come get your stuff ;) I'll dig out a set of half shaft boots for ya... i ahve 2 sets of new ones around here somewhere for the day I need them. :) Nick

BigKriss
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
are there any writeups how to install them, and regrease the cv joint?

I found some info here but not much.

www.autohausaz.com

BigKriss
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
okay I'll call you soon.

Hey Kriss,
I'm back! Come get your stuff ;) I'll dig out a set of half shaft boots for ya... i ahve 2 sets of new ones around here somewhere for the day I need them. :) Nick