PDA

View Full Version : Odd AC problem

Mediablitz
06-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I have a strange occurance in my 95 525i. IHKR III system. The AC blows from the passenger side but the drivers side is warm. I noticed that the dial on the console on the drivers side has broken its clip, so there is no click at 64 degrees. Is there is resistor behind each side? if so, what its name?

Bowman Kelley

rickm
06-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Is it warm like there's not a proper air mix, or warm like there is no air?

As for the dail, you might be able to pull the module out and swap the dials, the one on the driver's side might be broken. http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/panel_lights.htm shows you how to get to the panel itself.

Chad535
06-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Same thing happens with my 535. However mine would start blowing cold from the drivers side a bit later. I was told that this might be a heater valve problem.

Mediablitz
06-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Its a warm air flow if the blower is on, otherwise it is cold if the Fan speed button is still on the gradient part. Once you switch the fan speed to 1 it starts to warm up.

Bowman

winfred
06-12-2004, 07:32 PM
the heater valve may be sludged open or otherwise for that side of the car, lightly wack it with a screwdriver and see if that helps it seat closed