PDA

View Full Version : EAT Chip

ss2115
02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Anyone heard from these people lately?

I tried to arrange a chip before leaving on a holiday on 19th Jan.
I returned 29th jan and have sent two emails to them since asking for an invoice to pay by PayPal (yes - had established that they do accept PayPal) but haven't received any reply or acknowledgment.

Have they moved? Have they gone bust?

A lot of people on this forum swear by EAT Chips and recommend them highly.
I got some replies and good information from them late December/early January, but not a peep since.

BigKriss
02-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Normally it takes a while to reach mark, i would just pay online via paypal and wait for it.

repenttokyo
02-14-2010, 01:43 AM
it takes a very, very, very, very long time to communicate with the people who make EAT chips. A VERY long time. I like my chip very much, but ordering it was not an easy or quick process.

compmore
02-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I've emailed them twice and been waiting over a month for a reply.If their this slow for an order how slow would they be if u had problems

repenttokyo
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I've emailed them twice and been waiting over a month for a reply.If their this slow for an order how slow would they be if u had problems

I would start calling, if I were you.

ScottyWM
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Yep, call him. Mark can get pretty busy.
Telephone: 416-463-8328 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (EST), weekdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm weekends

Had my EAT Chip a long time...

ss2115
02-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Yep, call him. Mark can get pretty busy.
Telephone: 416-463-8328 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (EST), weekdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm weekends

Had my EAT Chip a long time...

So is he East Coast or West Coast?
I'd be calling from Australia, so I need to get the time zone correct.

ScottyWM
02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
So is he East Coast or West Coast?
I'd be calling from Australia, so I need to get the time zone correct.

He's Toronto Canada. (East Coast)

DueyT
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Toronto is GMT+5 right now.

ss2115
02-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I rang Mark as suggested - 9am my time / 5pm his time.

What a lovely fellow.
Quite apologetic and very amicable. Seems he has two e-mail addresses - the work one on his web site he hardly uses and it can go weeks without checking it because he only accesses it from his office PC.

He prefers to use his GMail address because he can retrieve it anywhere.
When I returned from my own holidays, I sent him emails through his web site and he obviously didn't get them.

Anyway, he responded quickly this morning following our telephone conversation in sending me an e-mail and I've replied to order the chip. He promises dispatch within two days.

repenttokyo
02-25-2010, 12:01 AM
I rang Mark as suggested - 9am my time / 5pm his time.

What a lovely fellow.
Quite apologetic and very amicable. Seems he has two e-mail addresses - the work one on his web site he hardly uses and it can go weeks without checking it because he only accesses it from his office PC.

He prefers to use his GMail address because he can retrieve it anywhere.
When I returned from my own holidays, I sent him emails through his web site and he obviously didn't get them.

Anyway, he responded quickly this morning following our telephone conversation in sending me an e-mail and I've replied to order the chip. He promises dispatch within two days.

keep calling him until you get it.