PDA

View Full Version : Idiot light

Sailor
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I am baffled by a suspension level warning I get. The car is a 94 540i without any form of self leveling. The previous owner tried fixing certain things poorly, one for instance is a climate control module from a 92, hot hot hot all the time no matter what knob was turned. Is the obc responsible for sending the error message? Is there an easy way to check to see if he has switched it?

shogun
02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
very easy, I posted that already several times. If there are warnings for stuff which are not on your car, resolder the check control module. ESD regelt for example, ESD was never installed on an E32/34
http://www.e34-welt.de/tips_tricks/Reparaturanleitung%20CCM%20e34%20e32.pdf

Sailor
02-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you. I have read your web page mainly times and it has helped a lot. I have tried re-soldering with no result. I have changed out CCM no change. I now realize the electrical connection of the OBC to CCM and Suspension level is in the message display Not the fault producer.

Rereading your PDF has now made me want to inspect the connection to the distribution box. I am wondering if at least part of the wires to a suspension level may be included in many models even without need, for ease of manufacture. maybe a lose wire is nicked. Some surgery to look for colour codes may be in order.

shogun
02-13-2010, 07:57 PM
wasn't the Touring always with LAD? Not sure.
Maybe it was removed before you bought the car, but the switch under the rear axle is still there.

Sailor
02-16-2010, 07:38 AM
That is my other car. This one is a 4 door 540. The problem appears to be a corroded ground grouping. Salt in Canada is very nasty.