PDA

View Full Version : Has any installed a remote central locking unit

Kibokojoe
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Has anyone succeeded in installing a aftermarket remote central locking unit. Seems to me it would be too hard. Just have to find the right wires.

Bo525i
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I retrofitted the oem switchblade remote, control unit under the rear seat, sender, receivers etc.. on my old 525, wasn´t that hard using the ETM

whiskychaser
02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Has anyone succeeded in installing a aftermarket remote central locking unit. Seems to me it would be too hard. Just have to find the right wires.

Ive been thinking about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-KEYLESS-ENTRY-E34-525i-530i-535i-540i-M5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem519072512fQQitemZ350 315761967QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories
It just plugs in so you dont even need to mess with wiring but I dont know if it works on pre 92 models. It says it has output to close windows/sunroof but I've seen a more expensive one from same supplier that does this so maybe its not that easy

ss2115
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Ive been thinking about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-KEYLESS-ENTRY-E34-525i-530i-535i-540i-M5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem519072512fQQitemZ350 315761967QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories
It just plugs in so you dont even need to mess with wiring but I dont know if it works on pre 92 models. It says it has output to close windows/sunroof but I've seen a more expensive one from same supplier that does this so maybe its not that easy

Don't bother with this one!
If you have a pre-93 it won't work through the oem plug as advertised. But they don't tell you this until after you've won the auction!
They send you the wrong instructions, and then although they later sent me the correct instructions it still doesn't work properly and they ignore you.
And when you lock the car it, it automatically closes all the wiindows and sunroof (ie:Comfort locking) whether you want it to or not. So if its a hot day and you want to leave the sunroof open or windows open a crack - too bad. Their FOBs don't allow the second push for comfort locking as does the OEM's.
Once the sale is made, thats the end of the help.
Very dissapointed and wouldn't trust them.
Even using the oem plug I'd not guarranttee it working and they don't want to know you once you've purchased.
I bought one last year for my 11/92 525i and it was a waste of money.

I have the correct rear view mirror but the car was ordered from the factory without remote unlocking.
I've since bought the transmitter module off ebay and am now on the lookout for the correct FOB's.
I don't know what else I need - the dealer seemed to think thats all I was missing.
Any other advice would be welcomed.

PS: I also need a replacement microswitch for my LH front door. It locks the central locking but won't unlock it.
Anyone have one? I'm in Sydney Australia.

whiskychaser
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the warning!!! I was seriously thinking about the more expensive model and that would have been an even bigger waste of money. Apologies to OP for suggesting it:(