PDA

View Full Version : Floor mat questions

Black 535i
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I am in need of new rubber floor mats for my 92 535i 5 speed. I currently have the Cannons relabeled by WeatherTech. They were fine but am looking for something else. WeatherTech makes some good ones but I have been to their offices and looked at them but did not like that the edging was not so high as I would like. I need some decent ones here in the Chicago area for all of the snow and crap we get. Have also considered the ones from Bav Auto. Has anyone ever used these?

http://www.bavauto.com//assets/product_images/1/16510.jpg

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=3&VehId=1374&Year=1992&VehOptChoiceIds=694

Anyone else have any suggestions? Am going to go to the dealer later and see what they have. They do not have anything specific for 92's anymore but who cares. They could not have changes that much that something they have will not fit my vehicle. I do not care about price as I usually keep these for 5 years or so but I do care about quality and water and snow retainment. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ross
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
There is/was dealer in NJ selling OE on e-bay for <$100/set. I don't recall the dealer's name but would recognize it if mentioned. They were good to do business with.
While the WT mats protect the carpet well when they are full of melted snow and dirt and salt your pant cuffs wick up it all up.
I never found an aftermarket mat that didn't either get tangled in the greasy seat tracks or slide forward interfering with the pedals.

Black 535i
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I use the stock floor pegs through the new mats and use the pegs to hold them in place. Water never seems to get that far back and it manages to hold the mat quite well. Thanks for the help though.

There is/was dealer in NJ selling OE on e-bay for <$100/set. I don't recall the dealer's name but would recognize it if mentioned. They were good to do business with.
While the WT mats protect the carpet well when they are full of melted snow and dirt and salt your pant cuffs wick up it all up.
I never found an aftermarket mat that didn't either get tangled in the greasy seat tracks or slide forward interfering with the pedals.

Russell
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I am in need of new rubber floor mats for my 92 535i 5 speed. I currently have the Cannons relabeled by WeatherTech. They were fine but am looking for something else. WeatherTech makes some good ones but I have been to their offices and looked at them but did not like that the edging was not so high as I would like. I need some decent ones here in the Chicago area for all of the snow and crap we get. Have also considered the ones from Bav Auto. Has anyone ever used these?

http://www.bavauto.com//assets/product_images/1/16510.jpg

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=3&VehId=1374&Year=1992&VehOptChoiceIds=694

Anyone else have any suggestions? Am going to go to the dealer later and see what they have. They do not have anything specific for 92's anymore but who cares. They could not have changes that much that something they have will not fit my vehicle. I do not care about price as I usually keep these for 5 years or so but I do care about quality and water and snow retainment. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have used the black rubber grid mats from Bavauto for at least three years. They have worked well. They fit over the pegs on the drivers side and do not slide around. I just throw them over the other stock mats leaving the factory mats. Keep in mind they do not have high edges to catch a lot of snow etc.

Only issue I found is I stored them "folded" over in the summer and they cracked in the fold area. My fault. Otherwise like new.

Rick L
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I have WeatherTech All-Weather on all my cars. They are perfect fit (at least the fronts, rears are cut to size). They have deep channels to collect lots of water. Only gripe is that it doesn’t protect the sides. Too bad WeatherTech doesn’t make FloorLiner DigitalFit for E34.

Black 535i
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Will give a review after I receive them. They have a full money back guarantee so no worries there.