PDA

View Full Version : How's this 540

duby55
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1556776027.html

Rick L
01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Very well maintained with missing button, fog light out, and bent rim? What else is neglected? But looks clean and I do like the M bumpers but not the M5 emblem.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1556776027.html

dennyg
01-18-2010, 12:18 AM
There is a better one in Detroit for sale. Cheaper and has 120K on it. Just remember these cars are not like E34s You can spend a lot of money very quickly.

SnakeyesTx
01-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Ebay specials on the headlights, tail lights and bumpers.. wrong period rims (the M5 ones are 10 spoke tuning forks with a dark finish). The door trim rub strip things on the front don't have the M5 emblems in them.

This is clearly a guy who bought a few pieces on e-bay ... not even all of them to trick people properly and advertised it as an "M5 Sport package" is in itself is total ********. I've got a 540 Sport, and that's all it is... not an M5 sport, whatever the hell he thinks that is. I wonder what the hell he did with the shifter also. The original one is short enough and hard to reach if you're really hammering down. Sawing down the shaft does not equal a short-throw shifter >_<

Some completely ignorant-to-BMW's will fall for this, and overpay for it.

Mine had 50 thousand less miles and I paid 3000 less than his asking price for it.

Ross
01-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Looks a bit scruffy to me too. Too many cars I've seen where e-bay "mods" took priority over regular maintenance, this one has that aroma.
It's not far from me though so if anyone is SERIOUS I'll give it a look.

repenttokyo
01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Ebay specials on the headlights, tail lights and bumpers.. wrong period rims (the M5 ones are 10 spoke tuning forks with a dark finish). The door trim rub strip things on the front don't have the M5 emblems in them.

This is clearly a guy who bought a few pieces on e-bay ... not even all of them to trick people properly and advertised it as an "M5 Sport package" is in itself is total ********. I've got a 540 Sport, and that's all it is... not an M5 sport, whatever the hell he thinks that is. I wonder what the hell he did with the shifter also. The original one is short enough and hard to reach if you're really hammering down. Sawing down the shaft does not equal a short-throw shifter >_<

Some completely ignorant-to-BMW's will fall for this, and overpay for it.

Mine had 50 thousand less miles and I paid 3000 less than his asking price for it.

you paid 5k for your car? amazing deal!

BMW4LIFE
01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I think I'd rather drive a Ford!

eewwwwww! hahaha

If he gave you 7499 to take the car I away I would then consider looking at it...

This car is the biggest piece of crap in the world...notice that he did not give you an under the hood shot...must look like crap with twigs! haha

the rims dont match
didnt clean the car in and out (older dealer trick where the dirt hides the blemishes on the car)
fake M5 which makes it worse than a reg 540i...might as well be a 528i
and everything else others said

honestly....if he sold it for 3799 you might want to consider it b/c expect to put in another 4000 to fix things here and there...personally i would stay away from this car at all costs...look at third sentence from the top

SnakeyesTx
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, 5,300 when it was all said and done. I've had it nearly two years now, put about 17k on the clock so now I'm up to 151k-ish. I've yet to have to put significant money into it as well. Bought a couple of emblems, a set of M6 wheels, some brake pads, but other than that, it's been rock-solid.

duby55
01-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm no pro on these cars and had I not asked I wouldn't have learned a lot rather fast from you guys on this ebay who done it. Thanks for taking the time to vent your views. This place is an experience.