PDA

View Full Version : Hitting 200k

rickm
01-14-2010, 09:23 AM
My 94 will be hitting 200k within the next month or so.

History...besides tires and oil I've done nothing to this thing in nearly 60k miles. Brakes, radiator/hoses/flush at 140k (had no choice there) but nothing else.

Anything I should schedule to do at the 200k mark?

One other question...road noise. I put tires on it at 190k (1.5 years ago). They're correctly pressured, etc. I do noise a good bit of road noise though. 15" honeycombs with 60 series tires on it. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others. What could be the issue?

200k down, 200k more to go.

BMW4LIFE
01-14-2010, 03:02 PM
im in the same boat you are but I have a 80K spree on not changing anything besides brakes 10K ago...just cause I wanted slotted ones! ;):D

Once I hit 200K I'm doing a FULL FLUID change...any fluid I can find including coolant

then go over all suspension parts for cracked or broken bushings

and most likely change the plugs, i might try these E3 but I might chicken out and just go with OEM Bosch

bubba966
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
and most likely change the plugs, i might try these E3 but I might chicken out and just go with OEM Bosch

Tellin' 'ya, those E3 plugs work well in the M50. Was out in friends '95 525iT yesterday and was enjoying the added pull over the OEM Bosch's. Told her that I was glad I put 'em in there. And she fully agreed.

BMW4LIFE
01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Tellin' 'ya, those E3 plugs work well in the M50. Was out in friends '95 525iT yesterday and was enjoying the added pull over the OEM Bosch's. Told her that I was glad I put 'em in there. And she fully agreed.

hhmmm...I think I have a minor case of OCD...

Even when I go into restaurants i tend to order the same thing...I dont like change but at the same time I have a feeling I am missing out!

I'm gonna flip a coin best out of 5 to see which brand I get ;)

bubba966
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
If my friend, the housewife w/2 kids can easily tell the difference between the OE Bosch's & the E3's and greatly prefers the E3's on her M50 that tells 'ya something, doesn't it?

motuman
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
If my friend, the housewife w/2 kids can easily tell the difference between the OE Bosch's & the E3's and greatly prefers the E3's on her M50 that tells 'ya something, doesn't it?

How does the M60 like the E3'? Getting ready to change the plugs...

PS - nice thread-jack, huh?

John in CT
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Road noise is very tire dependant, brand and wear are two factors. Tire Rack has a sale on Goodyear's right now, 67 bucks each, can't go wrong there if you are looking for a ride oriented tire rather than high performance.

Congrats on 200K, I'm at 130 and counting..

John

BMW4LIFE
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM

I know right...sorry about that...but hey you get to learn something about plugs! ;)

bubba966
01-14-2010, 07:53 PM
How does the M60 like the E3'? Getting ready to change the plugs...

My M60 likes the E3's as well. I'd tried them in my M60 first and was quite pleased with them over the proper OE Bosch's. That's why I slapped 'em in her M50 as I wasn't sure what plugs were installed by the shop that did her headgasket.

There's a thread here somewhere from a month or so back on my experiences with the E3's in my M60 and her M50 as well as which E3's are spec'd for which motor.

And yeah, nice thread-jack...

bubba966
01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Here's that thread I was talking about on the E3 plugs
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42321

rickm
01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Road noise is very tire dependant, brand and wear are two factors. Tire Rack has a sale on Goodyear's right now, 67 bucks each, can't go wrong there if you are looking for a ride oriented tire rather than high performance.

Congrats on 200K, I'm at 130 and counting..

John

I don't have that many miles on these Toyo...although they were loud last time too. Next time I need tires I'll switch brands. I got 55k out of my last set and the way I drive that's gonna be a while. Drove 9k last year...8k was for my 8 trips to Hatteras and back.

I need to do some interior work once it warms up some. One area of the trim is starting to peel...I'll gorilla glue it. Left passenger window needs to be fixed, daughter's friend was in the car and freaked out so she tried to pull the window down. Fat little f*** couldn't use the down switch, she started to hyperventilate then put all of her weight on it. Needless to say after I asked her mother to pay for the parts I never saw 'em again.

I love this car. Even the SO likes driving in it. Louder than her Mazda 6 but she loves the seats.

BMW4LIFE
01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Fat little f*** couldn't use the down switch, she started to hyperventilate then put all of her weight on it. Needless to say after I asked her mother to pay for the parts I never saw 'em again.

OMG!!! BBBAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

I am literally laughing out loud right now!

Thanks for that Rick I really needed it! hahahaahha

rickm
01-15-2010, 07:38 AM
OMG!!! BBBAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

I am literally laughing out loud right now!

Thanks for that Rick I really needed it! hahahaahha

It's funny now but it wasn't at the time. I caught so much lip over that. "she was scared". It's a 4 door car, front windows were down, rear were half way down, sunroof was open, it was 75F and sunny out and we were in my shaded driveway. If zombies were running at you then it's ok to be scared but...whatever.

ryan roopnarine
01-15-2010, 12:55 PM
And to think, four or five+ years ago you were thinking about selling it.

Mordan
01-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Louder than her Mazda 6 but she loves the seats.
:)
I have never sit in better car seats than in my E34

Ross
01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Do the BMW prescribed "inspection II".