PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgh: Don't Buy Dunlop Sp Sport 2's!!!....

ryan roopnarine
06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
just had a partial belt separation after running over something...there was still acceptable tread on the tire when it did this. perhaps its the florida sun, but...a set of name brand tires SHOULD be expected to go for more than 20K miles before replacement.

sbcncsu
06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
just had a partial belt separation after running over something...there was still acceptable tread on the tire when it did this. perhaps its the florida sun, but...a set of name brand tires SHOULD be expected to go for more than 20K miles before replacement.

Sorry to hear that. I had them on the old 525, I hated them. They didn't last long nor did they perform that well.

billb
06-11-2004, 02:53 PM

I've got 9k on them on my E30...no problems. And I do my best not to run over things in the road :p

Bill B.

ryan roopnarine
06-11-2004, 03:10 PM
sorry, i meant to type a2, i had previously asked you about how you liked them on your e30. i didn't intentionally "run" over something, i went through a intersection with poorly removed accident debris. you don't notice any worse than normal tread wear on that car?

I've got 9k on them on my E30...no problems. And I do my best not to run over things in the road :p

Bill B.

billb
06-11-2004, 04:43 PM
sorry, i meant to type a2, i had previously asked you about how you liked them on your e30. i didn't intentionally "run" over something, i went through a intersection with poorly removed accident debris. you don't notice any worse than normal tread wear on that car?

Sorry for your loss!

Bill B.

kiNGMak
06-12-2004, 02:57 AM
went thru two sets of them in short time.. they suck..

RichO
06-12-2004, 10:02 PM
They wore pretty qucikly and cupped so badly it sounded like I was running off-road tires.

winfred
06-12-2004, 10:18 PM
i think they are just a update of the old d60 a2 jlb dunplop, i liked the wet traction and cheep price but that jointless nylon band crap blew chunks, real sensitive to air pressure and once they cupped a little they were loud as ****