PDA

View Full Version : Dumb little piece of info

Bill R.
12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I've put a number of window regulators/motors in my own car in the 11 years that i've owned it and previously i bought new from Bma/AZautohaus/ebay/etc.etc. When my last one failed a couple of weeks ago i was in a hurry and got a autozone rebuilt motor which is a Cardone reman for 65.00 with a lifetime warranty on it... meaning not paying ever again... Cardone claims to use a stronger material for the plastic/nylon/composite gears and it won't break as often. Worked fine and now i won't have to buy one every few years like before. I'll start putting them on customers cars now as well.

tim eh?
12-30-2009, 02:36 PM
hey that's not dumb at all - it's the motor and the gearbox thing also? specific to the e34?

I've already mushed 2 of those plastic gearboxes (my fault for wanting to smoke in -20 degree weather I guess).

ryan roopnarine
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
as someone who just had to send back an a1 cardone crank angle sensor that was "special ordered" for the 99 taurus because it was obviously for the wrong vehicle, and am having trouble getting the replacement to fit down the distributor hidey-hole,I'd like to say "f*** a1 cardone." good that you got your part to fit, though.

Bill R.
12-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Rebuilt distributors and crank angle sensors aren't cardones strong point. I tend to stay away from them on those 2 items.

as someone who just had to send back an a1 cardone crank angle sensor that was "special ordered" for the 99 taurus because it was obviously for the wrong vehicle, and am having trouble getting the replacement to fit down the distributor hidey-hole,I'd like to say "f*** a1 cardone." good that you got your part to fit, though.