PDA

View Full Version : Arghhhhhhhhh..

Bo525i
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Changed my chain tensioner, pita spot on the M60 and dummy fumbly me dropped it out of the thread in the tightening process, and the new spring disappeared totally under the engine.. Sigh! (gave myself 3 good smacks on the head with the wrench after looking for the spring for 2 hours :D ) Had to reuse the old spring in the new tensionerhousing.. At least nothing else broke and it runs with less rattle so far, would´ve been better with the new one tho! Of course I chose to do this in total darkness with a flashlight in one hand, just to make things harder..

So semi new chain tensioner and 3 sore bumbs on the head! :D

tim eh?
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Changed my chain tensioner, pita spot on the M60 and dummy fumbly me dropped it out of the thread in the tightening process, and the new spring disappeared totally under the engine.. Sigh! (gave myself 3 good smacks on the head with the wrench after looking for the spring for 2 hours :D ) Had to reuse the old spring in the new tensionerhousing.. At least nothing else broke and it runs with less rattle so far, would´ve been better with the new one tho! Of course I chose to do this in total darkness with a flashlight in one hand, just to make things harder..

So semi new chain tensioner and 3 sore bumbs on the head! :D

wow I'm glad you weren't around when I dropped my only 10mm socket the other day.... take it out on the kids man!

edit - just kidding of course

Bo525i
12-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Being stubborn payed off, I found the internal chain tensioner spring today, lying about ˝ a mile from where it dropped down under the car.. Speak about stubbornness or perhaps luck even :) Now its in and its about twice the length of the old one, no wonder I had chain noise! In fact the chains are so quiet now that I can hear that my oilpump chain needs a lookover a.s.a.p..

Merry Xmas everyone! :)

filmy540i/6
12-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Being stubborn payed off, I found the internal chain tensioner spring today, lying about ˝ a mile from where it dropped down under the car.. Speak about stubbornness or perhaps luck even :) Now its in and its about twice the length of the old one, no wonder I had chain noise! In fact the chains are so quiet now that I can hear that my oilpump chain needs a lookover a.s.a.p..

Merry Xmas everyone! :)

A Christmas miracle! :p

Bo525i
12-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Indeed! :D

gjmane36
12-29-2009, 08:57 AM
What was the part number for the spring? I removed my intake manifold to replace the pcv gasket and broke a spring. I have not been successful in locating the replaced part or part number.

Bo525i
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
http://de.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/11317531813/