PDA

View Full Version : atf fix

Kibokojoe
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Is there a product that rejuvenates the seals on the power steering components? My PS runs ATF.

shogun
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
a power steering pump can be reman by you, very easy, as long as it is ZF,a nd your 535 has ZF.
http://www.pskits.com/catalog/-c-61_65.html
any kit there for BMW fits, all same , I bought them all once.
Universal kit, even for double vane pumps with LAD.

The steering gear is of course a bit more complicated, but I halso have done some of them, but you only have to rush by ordering the set of seals from the dealer, as BMW will discontinue these sets and sell only reman ZF gears.
I bought several sets abt. 2 years ago, at that time my parts guy told me that worldwide BMW had abt. 350 sets on stock.
But in case the dealer does not have them, try steering gear remanufacturers.

The power steering hoses you can ask a shop to recrimp, have done them all, a friend of mine is the Meister in a truck repair shop and did it, they do a lot for trucks, also agricultural and industrial machinery repair shops might be helpful.

yaofeng
12-03-2009, 08:48 AM
You can get gaskets kit for models not listed above from the dealer. For mine 95 525i I bought them from the dealer. The part number is #32411137707 from the ETK.

Kibokojoe
12-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Found the leak it was a loose clamp on the reservoir hose. Sprayed the area down with engine cleaner and wiped it down. Will check again tomorrow and see if it remains dry. While I was down there changed out all three belts. They were pretty cracked.