PDA

View Full Version : New 2010 5 Series

BMWDriver
11-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Did not know it was out :
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/5series/sedan/2010/showroom/gallery/index.html#

Much like the 7 they unleashed, but shorter by 17 cm (around 5 inches) if I remember correctly.

I like it better than its predecessor.

BMW4LIFE
11-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Did not know it was out :
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/5series/sedan/2010/showroom/gallery/index.html#

Much like the 7 they unleashed, but shorter by 17 cm (around 5 inches) if I remember correctly.

I like it better than its predecessor.

oooooo soo i dont know if its because I am too stuffed with turkey to think clearly but I think its a very BLAH car now...did like the hood, if that counts for anything

As much **** as Chris got for his designs...I still to this day think they kicked ass and changed the whole look, design, and presence of a BMW

I hope they dont go back to that neutral crap to try to satisfy the public ****...a car needs to be bold and have a presence

my 2 cents

nite everyone

mzarifkar
11-28-2009, 12:58 AM
ill have to sleep on it, im used to seeing that hood on a z4 and that tail on a 7, i guess it goes to combine the luxury and sport elements of both

BennyM
12-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Just when I was starting to get used to the previous model.....I'm also not totally in love with the new design. I for sure don't like the new headlights. The interior is definitely better, and the technology is pretty awesome. Regenerating brakes? C'mon! That's pretty slick.

I bet the new 5 is the same size as a 10 year old 740i, though.

Also, Am I the only one who misses the amber color in the rears?

BMWDriver
12-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Ahh... amber lights delete ? Geez, I thought they made more sense. Too bad. Never noticed though.

Overall I still like the E9X much better, particularily the coupe. But I'll repeat what I said about the 7 series in that the front end looks so damned oversized, which also applies to this newborn 5. From the side, though, I think it's better than the previous. They went for an agressive look, which I don't quite think befits the 5 and 7 series much, except if it were much suttler.

But, for as long as I don't see one in the "metal"...

Is it me or it seems every car on the market has big chromy headlights covered in huge transparent plastic. I wonder when somebody will break away from that.

I wonder when they'll change the 3 series' looks. I take it they'll update the 6 series before that?

BennyM
12-01-2009, 11:45 PM
A BMW/VW mechanic just informed me that the new BMWs have particularly flat, bulky front end designs to meet new European specifications for pedestrian safety. So, the "chubby shark" look is less aerodynamic, but also less likely to pop a knee-cap? Doesn't totally make sense to me, but that's what he told me.

Ahh... amber lights delete ? Geez, I thought they made more sense. Too bad. Never noticed though.

Overall I still like the E9X much better, particularily the coupe. But I'll repeat what I said about the 7 series in that the front end looks so damned oversized, which also applies to this newborn 5. From the side, though, I think it's better than the previous. They went for an agressive look, which I don't quite think befits the 5 and 7 series much, except if it were much suttler.

But, for as long as I don't see one in the "metal"...

Is it me or it seems every car on the market has big chromy headlights covered in huge transparent plastic. I wonder when somebody will break away from that.

I wonder when they'll change the 3 series' looks. I take it they'll update the 6 series before that?