PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE here.

Sweetwater
06-10-2004, 07:19 PM
It's time to come out of the woodwork and introduce myself. I've had two BMW's prior to my current auto. I owned an '83 733i for several years in the early 90's. Put my wife into a 560 SEL while the boys were growing. I did manage to drive an '86 635i in '94-5, but I sold it to finance a fishing trip to Alaska. In the last few years, my BMW experiences have been through their motorcycles, a '99 RT and a '98 GS. Been riding '94 Quattro as my crate.

Well, I sold that RT this spring and my oldest son gets the Quattro as his first car. Believe it or not, that RT financed about 90% of me buying a 1995 530ia with 59K miles on it. Now I'm struggling to decide between the bike and the car on a daily basis. I'm like a teenager myself when I drive either of them. :D

I had edumicated myself a bit about the nikasil issues before I bought the 530, but had not discovered this site. I like what I see here! My car doesn't have any significant issues, it's basically stock, pretty straight and way clean. It came out of San Fran with good records and a clean Carfax. I probably paid too much anyway, but I really like it. So is anybody else on this board on the west side of the divide? I'm in Utah wondering who I can use as a solid reliable mechanic. I can wrench my bike pretty well, but the car will not get much more than basic services from me.

Thanks.

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Welcome aboard. I not from out west but I do Bimmers and Beemers also. I've a 2002 R1150R plus more. Love to ride, and love to drive my 535im. I'm sure you'll get some good advise here.

Sweetwater
06-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks Ed. Maybe we'll run into each other at one of the "gatherings". I'd sure enjoy getting to Ouray, CO for the GS party.