PDA

View Full Version : Carsoft error help please

ss2115
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi. Purchased Carsoft 6.5 off eBay and got it going on my old laptop with RS232 port. Upgraded with SP1 as well.

Ran the test and had an error 252 come up - tank ventilation system.
Unfortunately it doesn't give any details.

So before I go ripping things apart, it seemed prudent to ask anyone here in the forum if there is a common problem with the E34 tank ventilation system.
Mybe its a simple and common a problem as a faulty fuel cap?
Or perhaps someone knows that this is a common error code that occurs regularly for no reason at all?
Maybe its something you've all come across under the bonnet that you could alert me to?

My car is a 1993 E34 525i Touring.

Another code I received was "fuel injector 3 OR 5". This code would only come up while testing with the engine running. On ignition only without the engine, the module is okay.
I ran the engine because a common problem with the carsoft software is that it doesn't like battery voltage less than 12.5 volts and often under these conditions reports that it cannot recognise the module.
Running the engine or attaching a trickle charger is the most recognised cure.

whiskychaser
10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
My carsoft always corresponds with this list:
http://www.e38.org/e32/bmw%20code%20defaut.pdf
I couldnt even find fault 252 and wouldnt the injector codes be 31 and 4? When you clear them do the faults come right back again? I will probably get banned for treason for saying this but if you are stuck look up David Mc on 'that other forum'. Seems to know a lot about Carsoft

ss2115
10-27-2009, 04:51 AM
My carsoft always corresponds with this list:
http://www.e38.org/e32/bmw%20code%20defaut.pdf
I couldnt even find fault 252 and wouldnt the injector codes be 31 and 4? When you clear them do the faults come right back again? I will probably get banned for treason for saying this but if you are stuck look up David Mc on 'that other forum'. Seems to know a lot about Carsoft

I agree that the numbers don't match up with anything I have either.
I've attached the screen shots though.
The Layering Wheel I know is the centre vents and the wheel control - I have removed them while I wait for a new one.
Then there is the Tank Ventilation System error and in the second image is the faults on Injectors 3 OR 5!

Help anyone?