PDA

View Full Version : it was a busy weekend

h2oyo
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Well here it is Sunday evening and i'm reflecting on my weekend. It started with me spending a few hours Saturday pulling the 6 speed manual, driveshaft and diff. from my parts car. I also found that the sway bars where by far larger than what was on my car so I took them also. I got up fairly early today and got the car raised up and doing the same thing again, My brother shows up about 12:00 and we pull the 5 speed manual out and up goes the 6 speed. This is when we found that the clutch is a bit different. The parts car had just had a clutch job on it (1600.00 by the PO) so I jack up the parts car and pull the entire clutch also. After putting and pulling the 6 speed 4 times we found that somebody had buggered up one of the guide pin holes. It wasnt to bad but there was no way this transmission was going to slid up with the issue. A couple of passes with a dremal and all was good. It took a bit longer than expected but I guess that is to be expected lol. I took the car for a test drive and OMG I love this and the new diff is limit slip also. I'm very tired but boy what a weekend. I just wanted to share as I cant wait to get her out on the highway. :D
Johan

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
here's mine....................:D

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/145753-spending-week-my-mistress.html

h2oyo
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
here's mine....................:D

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/145753-spending-week-my-mistress.html

How did everything turn out? I read it but didnt see the end smiles. I look forward to taking a week off from work and getting all the parts I have been able to acquire through the year and install them. I'm loving the 6 speed, and the larger sway bars are really felt. I did the Eibach pro springs and billies last year. The black leather sport seats from the parts car are a dream also. Its like a totally new car. Yesterday I changed the oil and checked the oil pump bolts, all was fine. I also checked the engine block number as I was told it was replaced and yep it was, this made me smile some also. I need to get my valve covers power coated and do the valley pan gaskets, intakes gaskets and valve cover gaskets. I have the spare valve covers now and have cleaned them up. Has anyone used one of those power coating guns from Sears? How did it work out? Ok off to install the rear head rests.
Thanks
Johan

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-28-2009, 09:24 PM
How did everything turn out? I read it but didnt see the end smiles.

Aloha Johan,

Yeah, no smiles yet, just lots of sweat and a little blood today. But got the old Boge struts out and the Bilsteins in. Now I am just waituing for the postmen to bring me new mounts and hardware.

Check out the M5forum link on my previous post for pictures of my progress

h2oyo
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Aloha Johan,

Yeah, no smiles yet, just lots of sweat and a little blood today. But got the old Boge struts out and the Bilsteins in. Now I am just waituing for the postmen to bring me new mounts and hardware.

Check out the M5forum link on my previous post for pictures of my progress

Well things are looking like they are coming along well for you. That is one thing I have got to say about Arizona cars............. no rust. Your M5 look great. keep up the great work I will be checking in on it to see the finished work,
Johan