PDA

View Full Version : OT: Newcastle Brown is no more

whiskychaser
10-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Newcastle Brown is part of our heritage. For anyone who wasnt a student in the '70s its a brown ale (a beer!!!). Some twerp has decided it is a good idea to close the brewery in Gateshead (thats Newcastle) and move production to Tadcaster. Well Tadcaster is in Yorkshire so of course thats wrong. But TBH I wouldnt want Newkie Brown brewed in Lancashire either. Let them do this and the next thing is they will put MB on the front of your car cos its more cost effective:(

SnakeyesTx
10-15-2009, 08:20 PM
=/ End of a legend.. that's a shame, I never hesitated to pay the extra 'import' cost at the bars here in the states.

Jehu
10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Newcastle Brown is part of our heritage. For anyone who wasnt a student in the '70s its a brown ale (a beer!!!). Some twerp has decided it is a good idea to close the brewery in Gateshead (thats Newcastle) and move production to Tadcaster. Well Tadcaster is in Yorkshire so of course thats wrong. But TBH I wouldnt want Newkie Brown brewed in Lancashire either. Let them do this and the next thing is they will put MB on the front of your car cos its more cost effective:(

Is Sid Smith a well known personality up there? He's writer,a big guy... wrote a book about King Crimson.. lives near the ocean..? I've corresponded a few times and ran into him at the Crim concert in NYC last year..lives up in Whitley Bay.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I used to drink it until all the wanker saltwater n!993rs picked up on it and turned it into a sideways baseball cap, baggy pants beer.

We even have Speights out here again after a 100 year lapse.

whiskychaser
10-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Is Sid Smith a well known personality up there? He's writer,a big guy... wrote a book about King Crimson.. lives near the ocean..? I've corresponded a few times and ran into him at the Crim concert in NYC last year..lives up in Whitley Bay.
I'd never heard of him so did a search and came up with this:
http://sidsmith.blogspot.com/
I'd spent half an hour on there before I realised I only intended to find out who he was:D Interesting guy

Ross
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
My bottle reads that it's made in Dunston.
This is very good brew, regardless of where it is from or if the sideways caps and baggy pants crowd like it too.

whiskychaser
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
My bottle reads that it's made in Dunston.
This is very good brew, regardless of where it is from or if the sideways caps and baggy pants crowd like it too.
Dunston is in Gateshead :) I havent a clue what the sideways/backwards cap brigade drinks here. Or why they wear their dads' pants

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-17-2009, 01:51 AM
I havent a clue what the sideways/backwards cap brigade drinks here. Or why they wear their dads' pants

Jonah Takalua and his tribe