PDA

View Full Version : convert headlights from UK to European

lesage
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Am planning to use my UK E34 permanently in France. I understand it's possible to adjust the existing headlamps to do allow beams to be correctly aligned for (euro) driving on the right hand side of the road

Are there diagrams or instructions around anywhere to show how this is achieved please?

Lesage

525iX T auto 170k miles
GD79080

shogun
10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
that is very easy, and it is shown in the U.K. owners manual, just loosen the 3 screws on the rear of the headlights, turn the reflector to left hand drive position, tighten screws.
go to my website, http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
on the left click
new & updated
click 08/06 German owners manual, a new page will open and there is also a 1988 U.K. owners manual, download that page 45

lesage
10-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Thank you for the prompt and complete response, Shogun

Je vous rend hommage, Monsieur :-)

Barney Paull-Edwards
10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=lesage;328891]Am planning to use my UK E34 permanently in France. I understand it's possible to adjust the existing headlamps to do allow beams to be correctly aligned for (euro) driving on the right hand side of the road

Are there diagrams or instructions around anywhere to show how this is achieved please?

Lesage
Its a piece of cake but as my faithfull TDS is in bits, this is from memory.
Pull the light unit,(Bumper off is the easy way, have faith its easy)remove the individual units and remove the little phillips screws holding each one,turn it about thirty degrees and you will see holes that line up. Tighten in new holes and you have European light units. If you do one at a time the holes are obvious before you undo the screws as the only empty ones.This obviously only applies to the dip beams but I think from memory that the mains are the same set up. Of course later 5 series have a switch, easy, unless you have a present model, then you are f.....cked!