PDA

View Full Version : am section of factory-sputtering noise???

Russell
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
The am section on my factory radio makes a rhymithic sputtering noise on weak/distant am radio stations. Seems to have gotten worse in recent months. Is there an am signal booster somewhere in the system? That may be the issue. TIA

Ross
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Yep there are two I believe in the rear C pillars behind the trim near the the reading lights.
I have both somewhere here, either is yours for the cost of shipping plus a pint.

Russell
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Yep there are two I believe in the rear C pillars behind the trim near the the reading lights.
I have both somewhere here, either is yours for the cost of shipping plus a pint.
The am amp sounds great.

Are all years compatible? Per my Bentley, the 94-95 may be different than previous years. Perhaps all that is wrong is my supression/trap filter may be bad or have a poor connection.

Ross
09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
My parts are from a '94.
If you want it PM me with the #, I'm unsure which is which.

Russell
09-29-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks, Will do so this evening. At this point i am not sure which part is the AM amp or filter.

I may pull the sail panels and look for loose connections. rather not put you to work finding parts I may not need. :)

Luftpost
09-29-2009, 07:23 AM
The am section on my factory radio makes a rhymithic sputtering noise on weak/distant am radio stations. Seems to have gotten worse in recent months. Is there an am signal booster somewhere in the system? That may be the issue. TIA

Interesting....mine does that too when I (I mean the kids) listen to Radio Disney, but it always goes away after 30 seconds or so.

L

Ross
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
"rather not put you to work finding parts I may not need."
Unlike my wallet, keys and cell phone I know exactly where these are so no trouble to compare #s.