PDA

View Full Version : drivers seat is moving

Kibokojoe
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I have noticed that the drivers seat is moving. I have isolated the problem down to movement in the rails where the seat moves back and forth with assistance of the electric motor. Is there anyway of adjusting this gap out?

Black 535i
09-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Kibokojoe
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
So no adjustment? Dang, sure I can make some shims but I was hoping for an easier solution. Luckily for me I have a spare seat in the garage to fabricate from :)

Luftpost
09-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Is the slop between the gears that are driven by the bicycle cables? Are the motors and gearing fastened properly? Take the seat out and flip it upside down, have a better look at it.

Kibokojoe
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I can see the movement is between the rails :(

632 Regal
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I can see the movement is between the rails :(
that can't be good. maybe the gears are worn or the gear unit's loose. Pull the seat out as mentioned and isolate the bugger.

Kibokojoe
09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Ohh bummer. Does anyone know where there are details on breaking the rails down?

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Ohh bummer. Does anyone know where there are details on breaking the rails down?

I have a complete set of rails and motors for sale on Ebay.

Lemme know if you're interested.

mikell
10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Try doing a forum search - somebody (Winfred? Bill R.?) once posted a method of addressing seat rocking, with pics. It's been a long time since I saw it, but it was helpful.

Jehu
10-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I have found that when I adjust the front of the seat base up higher than the rear the seat does not rock at all.. kind of tilted up... I actually prefer the fit in this position .. I did have my seat out once and tightened any and all bolts on the motors and seat rails which did absolutely nothing to fix the rocking.. maybe I missed the ones I needed to tighten.. but this may help .. so seat base level with floor=rocking. Seat base tilted up at front all the way up by the way= no rock whatsoever.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I have found that when I adjust the front of the seat base up higher than the rear the seat does not rock at all.. kind of tilted up... I actually prefer the fit in this position .. I did have my seat out once and tightened any and all bolts on the motors and seat rails which did absolutely nothing to fix the rocking.. maybe I missed the ones I needed to tighten.. but this may help .. so seat base level with floor=rocking. Seat base tilted up at front all the way up by the way= no rock whatsoever.

Check the front of the rails and see if the bumps where the front clip slides into are flatttened, for if the front clip on the body is bent up upwards.

put the seat all the way back and pound he top of the clip through the rail with a drift and hammer to bend it downwards and thightening up the seat.

bubba966
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Any of this fix your problem?

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/rockingseatfix.htm