PDA

View Full Version : what is the purpose of the little white block on the a/c compressor?...

ryan roopnarine
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
is it some type of capacitor? i have the chance to buy a rather inexpensive compressor that matches the bmw part number, but only has one wire on it (i guess to energise the clutch). i'm wondering if the harness needs to have both wires in the plug connected to something to work. thanks in advance.

oh, forgot to mention...the car is about 250 miles away, otherwise i wouldn't bother you guys with this. thanks.

Bill R.
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
is it some type of capacitor? i have the chance to buy a rather inexpensive compressor that matches the bmw part number, but only has one wire on it (i guess to energise the clutch). i'm wondering if the harness needs to have both wires in the plug connected to something to work. thanks in advance.

oh, forgot to mention...the car is about 250 miles away, otherwise i wouldn't bother you guys with this. thanks.

ryan roopnarine
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks again, bill. looks like i'm going to have to get on the dvm when i look at the vehicle again in a week. the unit is new, the line fittings are the same ones on my 525i, and the price is too good to be believable.