PDA

View Full Version : Door trim Fastner Pad

Luftpost
09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Anyone have a source for these things? I need about 4 or 5 pcs.http://webpages.charter.net/saschaott/Door%20trim%20pad.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/saschaott/Door%20Trim%20Inside.JPG

yaofeng
09-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Is it not listed in ETK? Drop me a line if you cannot get them from the dealer. Good thing the junk collector in me saved the old door cards in the attic of my garage when I replaced them with wood trim ones.

shogun
09-23-2009, 07:55 AM
can you find any BMW part number on it? 7 or 11 digits

Russell
09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Best find them off a 'dead' door panel as there are differenct pieces depending on door placement. I could not find a part number on them when i needed one. I got it through the kindness of someone on one of the BMW forums.

Luftpost
09-23-2009, 09:11 AM
I have not had any luck with part numbers either (searched REALOEM). Sorry, but what is ETK?

yaofeng-thanks, I may do that if I can't find them locally. I will let you know.

L

shogun
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
realoem is the online ETK = German for ErsatzTeilKatalog = spare parts catalogue.

Luftpost
09-23-2009, 09:49 AM
realoem is the online ETK = German for ErsatzTeilKatalog = spare parts catalogue.

Danke, I should know das. Ich spreche nemlich Deutsch.:p

L.

Ross
09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
To further complicate this they are all different profiles to fit various positions on the door panel.
Best to head off to a wrecker

genphreak
09-26-2009, 06:40 AM
What glue do you use? I tried contac adhesive, it was nowhere near as good as the OE stuff- that is far more brittle and strong. I think a product we in Oz know as 'Liquid Nails' would be more successful. Has to deal with extreme heat as its is in a car. Liquid nails is a builder's adhesive, used to stick panels to wooden uprights and so forth... Let us know hoe you go...

mikell
09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
What glue do you use? I tried contac adhesive, it was nowhere near as good as the OE stuff- that is far more brittle and strong. I think a product we in Oz know as 'Liquid Nails' would be more successful. Has to deal with extreme heat as its is in a car. Liquid nails is a builder's adhesive, used to stick panels to wooden uprights and so forth... Let us know hoe you go...

I used Gorilla Glue to re-attach mine and its been holding fine for more than a year so far, but I bet epoxy would do fine. Liquid nails probably would do the job, too - especially if you have an open tube handy. Super glue, perhaps?

Ross
09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I've used epoxy in the past, it sets quick and is strong.

Russell
09-26-2009, 04:35 PM
3M trim adhesive. Clear and dries quick.

genphreak
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys, I tried contact adhesive and it came straight off. Those suggesitons sound great, cheers.