PDA

View Full Version : Anti-lock light on

Spasso
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes, I did the search but I am still am unsure about the system.
My Anti-lock light comes on AFTER I drive a few miles. Mention has been made to check the fuse/relay and the sensors. Are these the same sensors as the brake pad wear sensors?.

My front brakes and calipers were done a year ago, all new fluid and flush. New sensor up front.

I know that my rear brakes are due NOW. Could this be the cause of the ANTI-LOCK warning light activation?
Currently there is no brake warning light.
The car is a 1993 525 5-speed.
Thanks for the help

whiskychaser
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, I did the search but I am still am unsure about the system.
My Anti-lock light comes on AFTER I drive a few miles. Mention has been made to check the fuse/relay and the sensors. Are these the same sensors as the brake pad wear sensors?.

My front brakes and calipers were done a year ago, all new fluid and flush. New sensor up front.

I know that my rear brakes are due NOW. Could this be the cause of the ANTI-LOCK warning light activation?
Currently there is no brake warning light.
The car is a 1993 525 5-speed.
Thanks for the help

They are different sensors. The ABS one goes in through the backplate. Its item 4 here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD68&mospid=47405&btnr=31_0145&hg=31&fg=10
The break wear one sits in the brake pad. Its on the end of the yellow sleeved wire that goes into the caliper
Havent got Bentleys handy but if you check the resistances of the ABS sensors and compare them you will probably find one thats way out. The tip can also attract crap leading to a false reading but you have to get your hands dirty to do that :-)

Spasso
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Ha! I was all over the place in RealOEM, brakes, hydraulics etc.. looking for that. Never thought it might be part of the strut assy.
I have a Bentley at home so it should be a no brainer.
I need to get after the brakes pretty soon anyway..
Thanks so much for the help.