PDA

View Full Version : tie rods - more help needed - HEEELP!

tim eh?
09-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh man I feel like I'm pestering again.

Do I have to press the centre link into the steering and idler arm before I tighten the nuts? How do I do that?

It's kind of too late... I just put the new centre link into position and started tightening the nuts but the ball joint is spinning with the nut, both at the idler arm and at the steering arm. I haven't put the outer rods on yet. Have I messed it all up? PLease help....

tim eh?
09-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh man I feel like I'm pestering again.

Do I have to press the centre link into the steering and idler arm before I tighten the nuts? How do I do that?

It's kind of too late... I just put the new centre link into position and started tightening the nuts but the ball joint is spinning with the nut, both at the idler arm and at the steering arm. I haven't put the outer rods on yet. Have I messed it all up? PLease help....

oh man, I put the centre link in the wrong way :( I checked before but I still got it wrong. Now it is stuck half-way on the wrong way around with the nuts not coming off oh man....

***- ok got it off but even with the centre link the right way around now I still have the same original problem.

Scott C
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
oh man, I put the centre link in the wrong way :( I checked before but I still got it wrong. Now it is stuck half-way on the wrong way around with the nuts not coming off oh man....

***- ok got it off but even with the centre link the right way around now I still have the same original problem.

If the original problem is the joints are spinning when you are trying to put the nut on - use the old nut to draw it tight, then after the taper is set, you take it off and use the NEW nut.

Scott

tim eh?
09-07-2009, 01:35 PM
If the original problem is the joints are spinning when you are trying to put the nut on - use the old nut to draw it tight, then after the taper is set, you take it off and use the NEW nut.

Scott

THANKYOU!!!!!!! Worked like a charm, a couple of washers made it even easier.

Scott C
09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice to see success!
Scott