PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a CHIP for 1995 525i?

Unregistered
06-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I see performance chips for 525i from 1989 to 1994 but why can't I find one for late model 1995? Are the 1995 525i engine slightly different or anything?

darron525
06-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I see performance chips for 525i from 1989 to 1994 but why can't I find one for late model 1995? Are the 1995 525i engine slightly different or anything?

try this site eat (http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/)
i don't have one yet but, alot of the board members have them and recomend them. Have heard very good feedback.l

darron 93/525i

Unregistered
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info but I already seen this site. They don't have the chip for 1995 525i. They have it for 1994 or older but NOT for 1995 year.

try this site eat (http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/)
i don't have one yet but, alot of the board members have them and recomend them. Have heard very good feedback.l

darron 93/525i

Phil M
06-10-2004, 12:03 AM
EAT chips are the best chips on the market for our engines. If Mark D doesnt have a chip for the 95 525, he definately will soon. Be patient and dont waste your money on anything else because when he comes out with one, you'll wish you had waited. A stock chip is better than an overpriced chip. Well, unless money is no object to you..

my .02

MarkD
06-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info but I already seen this site. They don't have the chip for 1995 525i. They have it for 1994 or older but NOT for 1995 year.

I was not able to spend time to find one last piece of the puzzle required to make a generic EWS chip, (cars built after 12/94 have the EWS-II anti-theft system) but I have a solution. I have bought an EPROM reader that is in the USA. I can ship it to anyone that has an EWS chip so you can read it. Then you email me the file for your chip, and I'll make a performance version and mail you a chip with the EWS code for your car. The reader is currently in Texas and will be there for a few more weeks.

The reader is quite easy to use and it takes about 5 minutes to set up and read a chip. (maybe 15 the first time)

Mark

Kev O'N
06-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Mark,
Is the Eprom reader a particular type?
I suspect you wouldn't be willing to ship the reader to Ireland :D

(Any Irish in this forum who own an eprom reader???)

MarkD
06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Mark,
Is the Eprom reader a particular type?
I suspect you wouldn't be willing to ship the reader to Ireland :D

(Any Irish in this forum who own an eprom reader???)

Any EPROM programmer can read a 27C512 EPROM so it should not be hard to do with any programmer someone may own.

Mark

biondani
06-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Mark,

Do your chips work with European models, specifically the UK? I have a 1991 525i (M50 non Vanos) that I would like to get chipped.

Thanks
Ian

MarkD
06-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Mark,

Do your chips work with European models, specifically the UK? I have a 1991 525i (M50 non Vanos) that I would like to get chipped.

Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian,
yes my M50 chips work well with the Euro models and I have a few people in the UK using them. There is one DME that I didn't make a chip for as it never came to NA. (0 261 200 400)

If your DME ends in 402, 403 or 405, I have a chip for you.

(The Vanos DME ends in 413 but you don't have that one).

Mark

Drooby
06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Ian,
yes my M50 chips work well with the Euro models and I have a few people in the UK using them. There is one DME that I didn't make a chip for as it never came to NA. (0 261 200 400)

Mark

Mark,
I sent you an email regarding my car's chip about 3 weeks ago.
Did you by any chance work out a chip for it (95 525 - dme ending 413)
If so I want one - If you can send me the reader and tell me what todo , i'll read my chip for you .

cheers,
Drooby

Russell
06-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Mark,
As we have discussed in the past, I have waited for you to complete a generic chip for the 95 525i with the EWS chip. If I understand correctly, you do not plan to do so at this time. However, you will ship the eprom reader to me, I read and furnish you the code, and you can make me a performance chip that will work specifically on my car. Let me know if this is the case.

Mark, I appreciate al the hard work you have done on the e34s. Thank you.

I was not able to spend time to find one last piece of the puzzle required to make a generic EWS chip, (cars built after 12/94 have the EWS-II anti-theft system) but I have a solution. I have bought an EPROM reader that is in the USA. I can ship it to anyone that has an EWS chip so you can read it. Then you email me the file for your chip, and I'll make a performance version and mail you a chip with the EWS code for your car. The reader is currently in Texas and will be there for a few more weeks.

The reader is quite easy to use and it takes about 5 minutes to set up and read a chip. (maybe 15 the first time)

Mark

MarkD
06-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Mark,
As we have discussed in the past, I have waited for you to complete a generic chip for the 95 525i with the EWS chip. If I understand correctly, you do not plan to do so at this time. However, you will ship the eprom reader to me, I read and furnish you the code, and you can make me a performance chip that will work specifically on my car. Let me know if this is the case.

Mark, I appreciate al the hard work you have done on the e34s. Thank you.

Hello Russell,

yes you understood correctly. I can ship the reader to you in the future (it's currently at another member's home in TX) or I may also be able to arrange that someone with the reader can read it for you but then your car will be disabled while the chip is being sent out to read.

The issue with the generic chip is that when I added code to make the generic chip, a new checksum has to be calculated and I was not able to find the checksum location in the time I spent looking for it.

Mark

Unregistered
06-11-2004, 12:15 PM
How do you tell from EWS-II from EWS? My DME shows the chip # as 0 261 200 413 but nothing about EWS-II or EWS.

Mark

MarkD
06-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Where are you located? As I mentioned, if I can read your chip I'll make a chip with your EWS codes in it.

Contact me directly for more info.

Mark

Russell
06-11-2004, 12:59 PM
I will contact you directly in a couple of weeks and we can make arrangements. Appreciate your help.

Hello Russell,

yes you understood correctly. I can ship the reader to you in the future (it's currently at another member's home in TX) or I may also be able to arrange that someone with the reader can read it for you but then your car will be disabled while the chip is being sent out to read.

The issue with the generic chip is that when I added code to make the generic chip, a new checksum has to be calculated and I was not able to find the checksum location in the time I spent looking for it.

Mark

biondani
06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi Ian,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I will take out my DME and see what the chip number is.

Ian

Unregistered
06-12-2004, 08:15 PM
In Chicago, IL (USA). I really don't want to send in my chip since I use this car as a daily driver. I was hoping someone might carry the performance chip so making a purchase is easy without any hassle.

Where are you located? As I mentioned, if I can read your chip I'll make a chip with your EWS codes in it.

Contact me directly for more info.

Mark

MarkD
06-12-2004, 09:25 PM
In Chicago, IL (USA). I really don't want to send in my chip since I use this car as a daily driver. I was hoping someone might carry the performance chip so making a purchase is easy without any hassle.

I can have the programmer sent to Chicago in the future. You can read it yourself and email the file to me.

Mark

PSWired
06-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Is there any software available to the end-user to modify the code on BMW EPROMS? I have a GMC Yukon now and am considering purchasing a 95 540. I already have an EEPROM programmer and conveniently my Yukon uses 27C512 PROMs! I have tunercat that I use on my truck, is there an equivalent for the bimmer? What about for datalogging? Thanks for helping out a newbie.

jsvizijr
06-13-2004, 11:04 AM
EAT chip, installed mine yesterday and I could not be happier! Much more "get up" off the line. Simplest performance upgrade I ever did!!!

Joe

MarkD
06-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Mark,
I sent you an email regarding my car's chip about 3 weeks ago.
Did you by any chance work out a chip for it (95 525 - dme ending 413)
If so I want one - If you can send me the reader and tell me what todo , i'll read my chip for you .

cheers,
Drooby

The reader will be at someone else's house until I can make his chip, probably later this week. Then I could send it to you. Actually there are already a few people in line to have their chip read.

Mark

DL-
06-13-2004, 11:27 PM
The reader will be at someone else's house until I can make his chip, probably later this week. Then I could send it to you. Actually there are already a few people in line to have their chip read.

Mark

Mark,

I can read eproms for anyone in the Portland, OR area who wants their chip read...

Thanks,
Dennis

KurtM
06-15-2004, 12:17 PM
but I'm not sure. I found someone that has an EPROM programmer that can read my chip.

Thanks in advance.
Kurt
95 525ia
Waiting to EAT

Any EPROM programmer can read a 27C512 EPROM so it should not be hard to do with any programmer someone may own.

Mark