PDA

View Full Version : A little positive press

Bill R.
09-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I just thought that i would post a little positive press for
http://www.beisansystems.com/products.html

I installed their double vanos seal kit on a e39 yesterday and it worked really well right off the bat. I have an e46 to do next to see if it works as well for it.

BennyM
09-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Cool. I'll probably give them a try when my VANOS starts rattling. How many miles should one expect out of those seals?

BennyM

bubba966
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Have just ordered their single VANOS kit & rattle kit for friend's '95 525iT today as she's tired of the lag and rattle of her VANOS. Good to know it works well.

Dave M
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Bill, you might remember this old post regarding the beisan vanos kit (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40178&highlight=Vanos) which you made a reply to. At the time, it sounded loke you knew of the kit, but hadn't tried it. For what its worth, the e39 I used the beisan system kit on (M52 double vanos) is still running great almost a year later . We noticed an immediate improvement to the point that the owner fealt it was a "new car".

Dave

sal_park
09-03-2009, 06:01 AM
My VANOS (M50TU) is not overly loud, but I have noticed that over the last 10k - 15k miles or so the is a distinct lag between pressing the accelerator pedal at 3k RPM and getting any response from the engine - almost like something is sticking.

Could this be cause by the VANOS being in need of repair ? Would one of these repair kits help ?

sal

bubba966
09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
My VANOS (M50TU) is not overly loud, but I have noticed that over the last 10k - 15k miles or so the is a distinct lag between pressing the accelerator pedal at 3k RPM and getting any response from the engine - almost like something is sticking.

Could this be cause by the VANOS being in need of repair ? Would one of these repair kits help ?

sal

Yes, that's said to be a symptom of failed VANOS seals that the Beisan VANOS seal kit is supposed to fix. I'll know better personally when I fix my friend's M50TU as she's experiencing that lag and the VANOS rattle.

Russell
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
How long should original vanos last?

I think I have some of the symptoms shown on their web site.

Any idea of indy Labor cost/rime to install?

Great info.

Bill R.
09-04-2009, 09:46 AM
The double vanos i replaced had 80k miles on the car and had been exhibiting the symptoms for a couple of years now.
It took me 4.5 hours total, i took my time though and cleaned up everything. I'm not sure how long your indy would charge, i also reset all the adaptations with the scan tool and most indies are going to charge extra for that as well.

How long should original vanos last?

I think I have some of the symptoms shown on their web site.

Any idea of indy Labor cost/rime to install?

Great info.

Russell
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks, would single vanos be less? i have 174,000 miles so mine may be issue. Do not think I have any error codes. Need to check with my Peake.

BTW, I put a new ox sensor and new plugs, yet my mileage seems about 2 mpg lower than a couple of years ago.

ScottyWM
09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh Great... something ELSE I need to do!

Bill R.
09-04-2009, 03:01 PM
The single vanos is actually more trouble to do than the double. You need the crank lock and the cams alignment tool for the single and you don't need them for the double vanos.

Thanks, would single vanos be less? i have 174,000 miles so mine may be issue. Do not think I have any error codes. Need to check with my Peake.

BTW, I put a new ox sensor and new plugs, yet my mileage seems about 2 mpg lower than a couple of years ago.