Ross
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

Tiger
08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Whoa... Damn!

yaofeng
08-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks. I don't weld on a regular basis. Did only once after getting the Clark MIG welder. It is good to know. No one expected this common household liquid can be lethal when handled in such manner.

repenttokyo
08-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I don't weld on a regular basis. Did only once after getting the Clark MIG welder. It is good to know. No one expected this common household liquid can be lethal when handled in such manner.

even though it was written clearly on the label.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
I love that chlorinated CRC Brake cleaner.

It cleans, and it kills everything you spray it on.

Use it to knock out these invasive lizzards and tree frogs in my yard.

bubba966
08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
I love that chlorinated CRC Brake cleaner.

It cleans, and it kills everything you spray it on.

Use it to knock out these invasive lizzards and tree frogs in my yard.

I got told some time ago to use it on bees/wasps/etc by an exterminator when I asked him where to get the good **** for bee killing (I was a house painter at the time and ran across nests frequently).

And damn, does it work good. The stuff in the chlorinated brake cleaner (any brand will do as long as it's chlorinated) kills bees/wasps/hornets/yellow jackets/etc. dead on contact. And that stuff has a good 15'-20' range. Hit 'em mid-flight and they drop dead on contact.

Apparently it dissolves their exo-skeleton on contact. And as they breath through their exo-skeleton you essentially destroy their "lungs" when you spray them thus killing them right quick.

Interesting to hear it knocks out other annoying pests besides the flying, stinging kind.

Tiger
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Interesting. Did it work on carpenter bee too? I know carpenter bee are not affected by wasp spray... they act sorta like drunk but will recover.

rnrn
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I appreciate the safety tip but that guy is nuts for not going to the hospital or at least calling a poison control center after that. Lesson learned.

bubba966
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Interesting. Did it work on carpenter bee too? I know carpenter bee are not affected by wasp spray... they act sorta like drunk but will recover.

It should work just fine on them as well. I know I've had problems with using wasp spray on certain wasps/bees and they just sit there and look kinda pissed that you're getting them wet with the wasp spray.

But a shot of chlorinated brake cleaner and they're toast.

Not only does the brake cleaner have the same range that the wasp sprays do. But it actually kills 'em dead on contact and is cheaper than wasp sprays as well.

And there's non of this "get them to track the wasp spray into the nest so they eventually kill all of the others" crap. Soak the nest with brake cleaner and they're all dead with no wait.

Try it, you'll like it :)

whiskychaser
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I've been wanting to learn to weld for a long time. Had a go once and was crap at it:( Lately I've thought about having another go so I appreciate the warning. I was in the chemical business for a long time but wouldnt think to question if somebody had used something that might kill me :-(