PDA

View Full Version : inner door handles

rockin1978TA
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
The passenger front door on my 89 535i doesn't open from the inside. I removed the door panel and on the backside of the inner door handle there is a hole where there should be a plastic grommet, that holds the rod/linkage to open the door is broke. So, it just slides out. I spoke with BMA, and looked at the diagram, but there is no part number for just the plastic piece. Does anyone know if this is included with a new inner door handle?

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-26-2009, 01:21 PM
The passenger front door on my 89 535i doesn't open from the inside. I removed the door panel and on the backside of the inner door handle there is a hole where there should be a plastic grommet, that holds the rod/linkage to open the door is broke. So, it just slides out. I spoke with BMA, and looked at the diagram, but there is no part number for just the plastic piece. Does anyone know if this is included with a new inner door handle?

I just replace it with a smalll piece of plastic tubing.

dennyg
08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
I read your message and looked through some misc parts that I keep and found what looks to be the piece you are looking for. Its a little deformed but still might work. Let me know your address and I will send it to you. This is the small quarter inch diameter pc that fits in the hole that the bowden cable pulls correct?

Rus
08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I fixed this issue with a small zip tie. Can't remember exactly what I did, but I think it passed through the hole and around the hook on the cable. Been working for quite some time now. Worth a try perhaps?

dennyg
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Sent it out this afternoon. Hope it helps

rockin1978TA
09-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Got the part from dennyg, works good now.