PDA

View Full Version : quick question

h2oyo
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Hello,
Everything on my car works except for 3 windows. They will go down but you have to help pull them up to get them back closed. I have the Bentley manual but I am just wondering just how big of a pain is it to fix this problem. I would really like to be able to roll down the windows as it get really hot and the AC just bothers me. I don't know what parts I need to change and don't really want to just purchase complete units. Can somebody please advise me.
Thanks for the help
Johan

BMWDriver
08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
It may be as simple as this part #51321938884 being broken, which often happens. Check out realoem to see it. It's a plastic part with a metal piece to hold the windows on the mechanism, and costs very little.

Otherwise, have a look at the inside of your doors. There's no other way around problems. Right now you're just imagining the worst without knowing the real deal, which I also tend to do.

h2oyo
08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
It may be as simple as this part #51321938884 being broken, which often happens. Check out realoem to see it. It's a plastic part with a metal piece to hold the windows on the mechanism, and costs very little.

Otherwise, have a look at the inside of your doors. There's no other way around problems. Right now you're just imagining the worst without knowing the real deal, which I also tend to do.

Thanks I will do the checking, I just really hate to think how difficult it would be work inside the doors lol. Thanks again
Johan