PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lockerbie bomber goes home

whiskychaser
08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1917748,00.html

If you didnt already know, Scotland and Wales have their own governments now. So in theory Scotland can let him go. But I very much doubt he would have been released without a nod from Westminster. Which to me means the White House rubber stamped it too. So what does the US/UK want to sell thats worth the trade? Or am I just being a bit cynical?
My sincere apologies to anyone who lost family or friend. If this is deemed insensitive I trust admin to delete it

632 Regal
08-20-2009, 10:08 PM
who knows whats real and whats fabricated, I am at a loss both ways. I dont trust anything at this moment because the US is under an Oligarchy government which cares nothing about people and all about whate the Elite have planned. No clue man but not good for now.

Ross
08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Whiskey, This makes my blood boil. The Scots must be trying to curry favor(please don't pick on us) with the ragheads is all I can figure. This ****er should be left to die in agony and fear same as his victims AND should be damn glad I don't have the authority to decide his fate.
180 or so Americans died with that attack, there was no "rubber stamp" from our oligarch.
Jeff, "oligarchic"? If this were truely an oligarchic government you wouldn't be able to blather on about it now would you. I learned a new word though so thanks.

whiskychaser
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
TBH Ross I think the one guy carried the can. Scots died on the ground too so I dont think they took the decision lightly. I just cant help thinking this has something to do with it:
http://www.infoplease.com/science/energy/oil-reserves-2007.html
I wonder if there are plans somewhere to 'annex' Canada?;)

guinness
08-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Instead of releasing him, they should have installed a camera in his cell so the families of his victims could watch him die

genphreak
08-22-2009, 07:29 AM
The usual suspects are the Saudis- they and their friends always have 'needs'... but some weird **** is going on these days, so I'm with you. it could be anyone.

whiskychaser
08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
US State Dept spokesman Philip Crowley said '...we would find the perpetrator of this terrorism act, bring him to justice, working with the United Kingdom and with Scotland'.
I hate to be pedantic but Scotland is IN the United Kingdom.

Meanwhile our Foreign Office denies there was no deal:
http://itn.co.uk/5f57f2eb01148b8617373c4c2ca7c65a.html

Well thats alright then

yaofeng
08-22-2009, 09:17 AM
There is not a raghead driving e34's on the board? I'd like to hear the reason they cheered at the airport.

632 Regal
08-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Oligarchic, thats it.

Whiskey, This makes my blood boil. The Scots must be trying to curry favor(please don't pick on us) with the ragheads is all I can figure. This ****er should be left to die in agony and fear same as his victims AND should be damn glad I don't have the authority to decide his fate.
180 or so Americans died with that attack, there was no "rubber stamp" from our oligarch.
Jeff, "oligarchic"? If this were truely an oligarchic government you wouldn't be able to blather on about it now would you. I learned a new word though so thanks.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I wonder if there are plans somewhere to 'annex' Canada?;)

Yeah, cause Obama wants the heath care system

genphreak
08-24-2009, 05:40 AM
There is not a raghead driving e34's on the board? I'd like to hear the reason they cheered at the airport.I know its a bit left of field, but perhaps our governments' buinsessmen, merceneries, agents, armies, etc. has something to do with it?

(Not that we don't need them, but we soldom need them for the reasons our Politicians wield them).

whiskychaser
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
The Scottish parliament has been recalled. The UK faces an embargo?. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8217857.stm
The comments make interesting reading though. Particularly the one from Nigeria (wtf?) and the last three

Ferret
08-25-2009, 07:45 AM
The Scottish parliament has been recalled. The UK faces an embargo?. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8217857.stm
The comments make interesting reading though. Particularly the one from Nigeria (wtf?) and the last three

What an awesome quote:
"Grassroots campaigns were also taking hold on social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, while calls have even been made to have Scotch whisky renamed as Freedom Liquor."

Do you guys Still have "Freedom Fries" over there?

As a sidenote I kinda sometimes wish we had the levels of patriotism here that's prevalent in the US, however as much pride as it garners, it can also hold people back... the polarisation events such as this causes is incredible.

Don't get me wrong, the guy should have fried for what he did, twice, but it seems to be common to blame the many for the actions of a few. It's apparently quite easy to blame a civilisation and forget about the history of your own "developed" people...