PDA

View Full Version : Blocked AC? Mechanic says system is charged.

Abnormal
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Not getting cold air into cabin. I changed out my sword in Feb. Not sure if I may have done something to one of the vent doors. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can test what is going on? Thanks.

632 Regal
06-09-2004, 12:41 PM
microfilter? can you hear the fan on full speed? maybe a mouse house is in there?

Abnormal
06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I can change the flow of the air with the controls without a problem.

Javier
06-09-2004, 05:06 PM
You can look into the A/C compressor and check if the clutch is engaging, if not, check clutch relay. If bypassing the relay does not engage, then either you ran out of gas, or the pressure switch at the drier is disconnected or damaged.

Tiger
06-09-2004, 05:08 PM
He is probably talking about blocked expansion valve... and yes, this would completely eliminate AC.

632 Regal
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
is air blowing or not?

Abnormal
06-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Shop checked out to make sure the compressor was working and that the system was charged. They did a leak test and came up with nothing. I have the right half of the dash apart right now. This year did not have the filter. Used a coat hanger and got a bunch of junk out. Air is blowing a little cooler, but not anywhere close to what it was before. All of the vents are opening and closing properly. How do you clean out an expansion valve?

Tiger
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
You can't... you replace expansion valve. Get a new drier as well... and you need to have it properly vacuumed and filled with new frigerant.

bill g
06-10-2004, 04:46 AM
I had this problem with a Honda I had years ago. Turned out to be a small piece of clear plastic (like bubble wrap) that had somehow got in the system and was blocking small orifice at the expansion valve. Removed the obstruction, recharged, system worked fine then.