PDA

View Full Version : Leaning passenger seat

SKB
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I could not find any info on this and wondered if anyone knew about this.

My passenger seat on my '93 525i the back is leaning to the left so when someone sits in it they lean back twards the driver and is uncomfortable.
I have tried all the adjustments on the lower right side of the seat and nothing works.

I called the dealer and they told me something about some cableing that simply needs adjusting and no parts needed. But it was like a 4hr job and 475.00$ bill. I could not find much info in my Bentley Manual either.

Thanks for any info.

bubba966
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Search for seat twist and you should find a few different threads on how to fix this problem. But yes, it doesn't require any parts to fix, just taking the seat apart a bit.

shogun
08-18-2009, 01:58 PM
4 hour job 470$. I do that in less than an hour.
Instructions on my website under fixes>interior and body>seats

SHOGUN'S TRICKS AND TIPS FOR THE SEVEN SERIES
http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

mikell
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
It's not that hard to fix yourself - try Shogun's method, which I think used to also be on bmwe34.net.

RobPatt
08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
.... maybe the first time is hardest, cause you don't know what's going on...

but the second cable (like for the other side, or whatever ) is CAKE.

Check shogun's page like mentioned earlier... and maybe search for Gale's BMW page too... and maybe it's also on bmwe34.net as well....

shogun
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
all linked on my website and then divided by sections, so you will find the E34 site, Gale, also the ones of winfred and "Dottore"
Bill R and more.
If you go to lots of DIY links and then >>> private links: you find the links to that pages, so I have it all sorted by websites and applications/problems etc pp

SKB
08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks you guys. I checked shoguns web page and printed out the instructions and pics on how to do it. Yep I think I can handle it! Thanks again.

632 Regal
08-22-2009, 08:16 PM
a small drill for the cable will make the job easier when you straighten it.
Thanks you guys. I checked shoguns web page and printed out the instructions and pics on how to do it. Yep I think I can handle it! Thanks again.