PDA

View Full Version : Almost Free 535 Manual Swap/Exhaust in MD

nirvana19
08-14-2009, 07:26 PM
This is posted at bimmerforums also

Hello all, I'm posting this here because I'm not selling these in a normal way/this is pretty urgent. We're taking apart sixdown's crashed 535, it still has the full manual transmission/clutch/pedals/driveshaft/basically everything for the swap. I was going to pull this myself but the car is going to scrap by the 21st. So basically, if you can pull it this week it's yours for $150. That is the cheapest manual swap anyone's going to get and if you're resourceful I think it's a hell of a deal. I can loan a jack and jackstands and a couple tools but I'm afraid most of them are in Manassas at the moment. Just don't want all of it to go to waste! Same goes for the full exhaust, $75 just pull it yourself. $50/whatever you think it's worth for the differential (it's open, 4.10 maybe? whatever came on an 89 535iM without cold weather package), basically the only thing on the car that's left that I want is the gas tank. The car is located in Bethesda, MD and parked on a side street.

Oh also I pulled the head off the engine but if for some reason anyone wants the block, it's yours. Again, just pull.

One more thing, since the head is gone the top bolts (I think those are the hardest) appear to be fairly easily accessible with a wrench, which may make it a little easier. Correcting myself once more, those are reverse torx so maybe a little trickier. But, all doable.

JoeS
08-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Can you please find out the ratio?

thx- Joes

This is posted at bimmerforums also

Hello all, I'm posting this here because I'm not selling these in a normal way/this is pretty urgent. We're taking apart sixdown's crashed 535, it still has the full manual transmission/clutch/pedals/driveshaft/basically everything for the swap. I was going to pull this myself but the car is going to scrap by the 21st. So basically, if you can pull it this week it's yours for $150. That is the cheapest manual swap anyone's going to get and if you're resourceful I think it's a hell of a deal. I can loan a jack and jackstands and a couple tools but I'm afraid most of them are in Manassas at the moment. Just don't want all of it to go to waste! Same goes for the full exhaust, $75 just pull it yourself. $50/whatever you think it's worth for the differential (it's open, 4.10 maybe? whatever came on an 89 535iM without cold weather package), basically the only thing on the car that's left that I want is the gas tank. The car is located in Bethesda, MD and parked on a side street.

Oh also I pulled the head off the engine but if for some reason anyone wants the block, it's yours. Again, just pull.

One more thing, since the head is gone the top bolts (I think those are the hardest) appear to be fairly easily accessible with a wrench, which may make it a little easier. Correcting myself once more, those are reverse torx so maybe a little trickier. But, all doable.