PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate AC Schnitzer rims?

Ken35i
08-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Hey guys,

I'm afraid I have something embarressing to confess. On Monday one of my wheels came off, fortunetly it was when the car was stopped so nothing catastrophic.
The rear left rotor fell onto the rim and put a gouge in it, that damage can be fixed, but the major damage is the bolt holes. I've sort of reamed the holes a little (they aren't round anymore) and the face that meets the hub has a gouge in it. I'll have a rim repairer look at it and see if it's fixable.
If it's fixable; all good. If not; I will have to shell out for another AC Schnitzer Type 3 rim, I like these rims, very unique so I don't want to goto another style.
So anyway, I've seen replica Type 3 rims for sale, how do I tell if these are replicas or legit? Because if I have to buy another one, I'd like them to match at leased.

Here's the embarressing part. I put on new rotors, brake pads, springs and shocks on the car a few months ago, as they were worn etc. I did the wheel bolts upto the torque listed in the Bentley manual (100Nm). Well it pays to check them every now and then, because 100Nm isn't super tight.

Bo525i
08-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Ouch.. :(