PDA

View Full Version : fuel rail remove on a 95 540i help

h2oyo
08-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello,
I am attempting to replace my leaking fuel injectors today. I have gotten it all torn down and need to unclip the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors. I know I have seen something around here like a DIY about this for my car but cant seem to find it. I am afraid i'm going to loose all the clips by prying the little spring clips off to remove the connectors. Can somebody help me with this or does somebody know where the DIY of sorts is for this job on my model of car.
Thanks for the help
Johan

this is just an update. I did get it all figured out. After cutting one oring and then after replacing that not having one injector seated all the way (runs really bad) I'm glad I did it. The car is now idling smoother as for anything else i'll just have to wait a week or two and see if mileage is better or worse.

632 Regal
08-08-2009, 01:56 PM
use a small screwdriver to unclip them and remove with a small magnet and or needle nose pliers. Very time consuming but not impossible. The clips for the injector/fuel rail are easier.

h2oyo
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
use a small screwdriver to unclip them and remove with a small magnet and or needle nose pliers. Very time consuming but not impossible. The clips for the injector/fuel rail are easier.

Regal you are so right about the clips for th injector to fuel rail. I did finally get the electrical connection clips off. I lost one and spent the next 30 minutes going over everything and did find it. I've gotten it all back together now. Now I have one injector to rail leaking. Its very hard to tell if its leaking from the injector or the rail. I did use a small block of wood and rubber mallet to help seat the rail to the injector so I could get the clips back on. I am taking a break from it now as its getting very frustrating. I'm not looking forward to removing the rail again to check the rail. The injector to rail clip on that one is going on much harder than the other 7. I checked my old injectors and there isnt an old O ring missing. I guess maybe the injector isnt going in perfectly straight or something. I'm going to finish off my Coke and go see what I can do. I sure hope this helps because it becoming a large PITA lol.

UPDATE:I just wanted to update my posting about my injector change. I didnt expect a fuel mileage increase but it appears that they did just that. I have always had about 17 to 18 mpg ave since I have driven the car. This driving is city stop light to stop light and right now with the AC on as its in the triple digits here now. I am right now ave. very close to 19 mpg and that is driving a bit more spiritedly as the car does feel like it has a little more quickness or pull on the lower end. Again all in all I'm am very glad to have done this and would tell others it is well worth the effort.
thanks
Johan