PDA

View Full Version : help! locating capacitors and thier sizes

jm529
06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
hi guys, my first time posting here. i've got a 89 535i and i'm trying to replace the capacitors in the instrument panel. i can't seem to find any that'll fit at the local radio shack.

where do you guys buy the capacitors at? what sizes should i get? please help me if you can so i can put my car back together. thanks in advance.
jim

Phil Sanderson
06-09-2004, 09:33 AM
go here http://bmwe32.student.utwente.nl/ Go to Fixes...Dash Cluster Caps
see how you go

Phil

Bill R.
06-09-2004, 09:39 AM
capacitor values, so my advice is to pull the dash first then get the values off the capacitors then locate them. Radio shack is useless for this. I use a couple of small local electronics houses and walk right in to get what i want. You do want 105C temp rated caps though since they are much better quality, for one car I ordered them through mouser.com but on the others I had no problem finding them in town.

hi guys, my first time posting here. i've got a 89 535i and i'm trying to replace the capacitors in the instrument panel. i can't seem to find any that'll fit at the local radio shack.

where do you guys buy the capacitors at? what sizes should i get? please help me if you can so i can put my car back together. thanks in advance.
jim