PDA

View Full Version : wheeler-dealer e34 touring chean-up

Russell
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
this weekend I saw an episode of wheeler-dealer on BBC where they fixed up an 94-95 e-34 wagon to make it more sellable. Fixed window and cheaply fixed rust on a wheel well and detailed it a bit. Show is fun but a bit simplistic when it comes to some repair jobs.

whiskychaser
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Show is fun but a bit simplistic when it comes to some repair jobs.
x1
Mike Brewer is great. I love it when he just buggers off and leaves the other guy to do all the hard work:D

Rus
08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm a fan of the show, but some of the cheap body repairs that Edd does make me cringe. I realize they are trying to save money, but there is way too much filler involved in the repairs.

Russell
08-05-2009, 08:36 AM
In fact, I enjoy seeing the various cheap repairs they do. Cheap bodywork is the worst. However, lately they seem to do the prep work and send it out for paint.

They "added class" to an older lexus Ls with HID lights for way too much (i think 300 pounds) and thought that was a real deal.

whiskychaser
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
May have been 'Deals on Wheels' and not Wheeler Dealer but the funniest one I saw was when they bought a VW Beetle. Bodywork was shot so they decided to build a dune buggy. Removed the body and the floor was shot too :D So all they were left with was the engine. And that was a 12 or 1300 so was underpowered. I think they only managed to sell it cos the buyer wanted to be on telly. An expensive appearance as he paid over the odds:D

leicesterboy15
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I've got some of these on DVD ( :hide ) but they are good! However it makes me laugh that they call them cheap repairs when they have an in-house mechanic with all the tools (and I mean everything) that we would have to pay a fortune for! They do give you some good tips though and show you how easy things can be if you have the right tools (like a lift) and some time ! One of the best one they did was a Saab 900 turbo, I would have had that at the end.

Anyone got a copy of the e34 one?

whiskychaser
08-19-2009, 07:17 AM
You might want to catch 'A Car is Reborn' on Discovery Turbo. Currently doing a total refurb on a '65 4.2 E type

Russell
08-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Discovery turbo?

whiskychaser
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Discovery turbo?

Apologies. This may be just a UK channel. Its also got American Chopper, American Hotrod, Chop Shop (London), The Garage (Jock in Marbella), Deals on Wheels, Wrecks to Riches etc. Discovery Shed is similar. Lots to watch on a wet afternoon:D

mikell
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I get these British car programs on HDNet - I think it's part of Discovery Channel, and part of the HD package on Directv.

I find myself wondering what they do with the cars they lose money on - seems like they always make a little bit.

Russell
08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
I thought it might have part of my HD package on cable. just never heard the term "Discovery Turbo" before Marketing name I guess that may not be used everywhere.

whiskychaser
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I thought it might have part of my HD package on cable. just never heard the term "Discovery Turbo" before Marketing name I guess that may not be used everywhere.
You probably get them all but under a different guise:
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/subject/turbo/
I also like mega moves but cant remember what channel thats on