PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guage Issue

632 Regal
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
first the dash said tail light out and when I checked it was fine, then the next day the same deal with the front fog light. Then the gas guage was dropping like I had a leak, checked mileage at fill up ~20. Today it started dropping and next glance it was on empty, shut of and on no difference. So tonight as I turned the fogs on I was watching the dash for the fog light message but there was none, then I look and the gas guage was at 3/4. Next stop guage on empty, no light messages and no switching of lights made the gas guage repair itself. Where is the likely culprit, in the tank or above the tank?

I swear its from my tinfoil hat but I'm not taking that off just incase ;)

TIA

tim eh?
07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
check fuel level with obc then you will know if it is before or after the obc. keep the hat on at all times... safety first!

BMWDriver
07-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I had that exact same problem until I changed the cluster capacitors : fuel gauge drop, erroneous error messages... See my post if you wanna get a list of capacitors to change. Get your soldering iron out and warmed up...

632 Regal
07-24-2009, 12:02 AM
The tail and foglight messages were real, they just fixt themselves. The front is probably where I spliced them in, the rear ~depo~ obvious connection issue. I hope its not the caps, will however check the OBC idea.
I had that exact same problem until I changed the cluster capacitors : fuel gauge drop, erroneous error messages...

genphreak
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
The tail and foglight messages were real, they just fixt themselves. The front is probably where I spliced them in, the rear ~depo~ obvious connection issue. I hope its not the caps, will however check the OBC idea. It may not be the caps; Jeff I think if you hunt for some of Shogun's tips relating to these kind of symptoms you'll find that a solution may also be simply resoldering components on the CCM's PCB...