stuff looks like that

http://destinationaccessoires.com/images/zoom/10102.jpg
http://destinationaccessoires.com/images/zoom/10081.jpg

same idea for fuel pressure

however I have seen on ebay a sensor for trans fluid temperature
where would you put that?

whiskychaser
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
My carsoft says it will do that but doesnt. Fister's ADS kit does. But you need a laptop with a built in com port and 2 megs of memory to run it.

M20Turbo
08-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Where are you planning to locate the gauges?

Gene in NC
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Semi OT, my suburban has trans fluid temp sensor tapped in side of trans fluid pan. That, plus synthetic fluid, are to monitor heavy duty towing. With single horse trailer towing trans lasted 195k.

bubba966
08-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Semi OT, my suburban has trans fluid temp sensor tapped in side of trans fluid pan. That, plus synthetic fluid, are to monitor heavy duty towing. With single horse trailer towing trans lasted 195k.

I added a tranny fluid temp gauge when I replaced the tranny in my truck some time ago. Also installed a secondary fluid cooler & a secondary fluid filter (use high flow racing filter to minimize flow impedance). I put the temp sender in the secondary filter housing (it was drilled & tapped for another fitting or a sender) which was installed after the secondary fluid cooler.

Fluid goes from tranny to primary in-rad cooler, out of primary cooler into secondary cooler, out of secondary cooler into secondary filter/temp sender, out of secondary filter/temp sender back to tranny.

Ran it in that order so as to get a more consistent temp reading as it'll be reading a steady flow right after all of the cooling & filtering. Putting it in the pan would've put it right next to my exhaust, and I'm sure the tranny itself heats things up too. And I'm sure that the fluid in a deep tranny pan has hot & cold spots to some extent.

Nice to know the tranny fluid temp so I know if I need to adjust how I'm driving or if I need to manually engage the torque converter lock-up (added that feature as well when I installed the new tranny).

Tiger
08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
I installed factory tranny cooler on 2005 Acura MDX and it runs in the same manner as you spoke... I think it is from tranny to external cooler into raidator cooler and back to the tranny.