PDA

View Full Version : battery flat, deadlock engaged!! how to open door?

aston_jag_tech
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
My battery went flat, left lights on over night and the doors are all locked. the dead lock is engaged and trying to unlock driver and passenger door is unsuccessful. unlocking trunk and opening is though.

Are there any power points under vehicle to hook up battery jumper box??!!

Thanks a bunch...

tim eh?
07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
My battery went flat, left lights on over night and the doors are all locked. the dead lock is engaged and trying to unlock driver and passenger door is unsuccessful. unlocking trunk and opening is though.

Are there any power points under vehicle to hook up battery jumper box??!!

Thanks a bunch...

I've done it with the trunk light easy it even had one end marked with a +, I bet you could even use a 9V.

aston_jag_tech
07-20-2009, 07:40 PM
thanks, well see tomorrow. :)

aston_jag_tech
07-20-2009, 11:10 PM
No problem, got it unlocked...

ryan roopnarine
07-20-2009, 11:29 PM
did you get it open with the passenger door?

you have to simutaneously turn the key left and pull up the handle. you keep doing this over and over (2 or 3 times)until the knob comes all the way up, it doesn't unlock in one motion.

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2009, 12:00 AM
i had a battery and jumper cables already in side the car and crawled in throughthe trunk and access panel, but i did try the passenger handle with no success. :(

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-23-2009, 12:55 AM
i had a battery and jumper cables already in side the car and crawled in throughthe trunk and access panel, but i did try the passenger handle with no success. :(

I posted a picture of how to pop the hood from the front with a long skinny screwdriver.

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?p=323145#post323145

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2009, 10:27 PM
sweet thanks!!!
:)